Chapter 17: Hello, again.

HEY GUYS! I'M SO SORRY THAT IT TOOK ME ALMOST A YEAR TO UPDATE. HONESTLY, I DIDN'T EVEN THINK THAT OTHERS ARE STILL READING MY STORIES ANYMORE. I PROMISE TO DO A LOT BETTER WITH MY UPDATES AND STUFF! 

AND HEY, ANY OF YOU CAN HAVE THE CHANCE OF GETTING THE DEDICATION!

RECAP

I caught a glimpse of something familiar on his wrist. I grabbed his right arm and turned it over to reveal the same tattoo on my left wrist. It was an intricate design of half a heart with initials inside. While mine had LX in it, his was MS. But what do they mean? Tattoos like these were only commonly seen on couples or lovers. Was it possible that he and I . . .?

"Who are you to me?"

CHAPTER 17

Sitting on a soft wooden chair in Starbucks, I sipped my double chocolate chip frappucino until my head started hurting, I looked over to where Logan and his friends were sitting. He had his arm over a brunette girl's shoulder who looked like she owned the spot. They looked good together. Like a pair of couple who came out of a Renaissance painting. In a rare sunny day like this, the sun made a special spotlight just for their table. It was as if the sky was smiling over them.

It made me wonder how I could have known someone such as him. It must be a lie. Katerina and the others told me the story they said I told them and it all sounded absurd. Rehearsed, even! It sounded like they copyrighted it off a movie or some kind of cliche teen-fiction novel! That was my theory anyway.

"Meig! Wake up!" Zera said while waving her hand in front of my face.

"It's Janette," I corrected her. I just couldn't get use to that name.

They've been trying to help me get my memories back but we haven't really made any progress. I mean, I still didn't like my own name. I insisted that they call me Janette like I had been called for four months.

"Oh, right. Sorry. It's just that I keep forgetting!" she laughed and the others did too.

"Ha-ha," Laughing sarcastically, I scooped up all of the whipped cream topping off of my frappe and dumped it all on Katerina's mocha.

"Did you just give me your whipped cream?" Katerina asked, astonished.

"Yea, I hope you don't mind. I can't stand that stuff." I told her.

"You just rejected whipped cream?" she said louder this time. The others gasped in response.

"I forgot to ask the barrista not to put the whip cream on it. Guess my mind was just somewhere else today."

"Forget that!! How could you forget that you loved whipped cream?!" Zera said.

"The same way I lost my memories?" I said in a "duh" tone.

"I think it's all just a load of bullshit she's making up," a new voice said. It came from Logan's table. It was the brunette that Logan had his arm over. "She's so desperate for attention that she's making stuff up like losing her memories. How pathetic! And she's hanging out with those freaks!" she cackled. The guys on their table snickered.

I saw Katerina close her fist and ready to stand up. I stopped her before speaking up, "At least I'm not the one wearing cheap imitation goods." I eyed her outfit.

She scoffed, "What are you talking about? These are authentic fashion flown all the way from Milan!"

"Oh, really? It's just that your tag's sticking out and it says 'Made from China'," I pointed at her.

She turned around to check and there it was. She turned bright red and was fuming. I covered my nose and waved her off, "Uck! I can smell your horrid perfume from all the way over here! What did you do? Bathe in that stuff?!" I turned to my friends. "I think we should leave before my allergies acts up. I'm very allergic to cheap," I said as I eyed the brunette again who now looked stomping mad.