Chapter 12: Regular Girl's Day Out...

HEY GUYS!!! I'M A BIT LATE.. LOL THAT WAS AN UNDERSTATEMENT!! OH WELL.. BETTER LATE THAN NEVER, RIGHT?!

WELL, I DECIDED TO DO THE SAME HERE AS MY OTHER BOOK DIAMOND IN THE RUFF FOR THE DEDICATION CONTEST!! :)

FIRST TO COMMENT AND VOTE WILL GET THE DEDICATION!! :D

------------------------------------------> LISTEN TO THE SONG!! :D

CHAPTER 12

I arrived at the arena with 5 minutes left to spare before my fight. My hands were sweating just thinking about fighting the former champion, Blaze. I've never seen him fight with my own eyes nor had I ever fought him before. I was getting kind of nervous.

I went up to Adrian's side and bumped his shoulder lightly. "Hey."

He turned to me and acknowledged my presence with a nod. His eyes not leaving the arena with two buff guys currently in a tight 'hug'. "Are you ready to beat who used to be the best?" he asked.

I just shrugged my shoulders and gave a dismissive nod. "You said I am the best and he's just last year's news," I said confidently but I had my doubts.

"That's my girl." He ruffled my hair. "Just remember what I taught you and you'll definitely win," he said with a smile. "And make me some money!!" he yelled. No doubt he was going to bet on me, again. That money loving old goof!

I swatted his hand off my head and grimaced at him. "I'm not your girl!"

"Aw? My little princess is growing up so fast." He sounded like a father whose daughter had just turned rebellious.

"As if there someone out there woman enough for you," I muttered under my breath.

"What was that?" he asked.

"Nothing!" I sang giving him a big smile.

The bell dinged twice and two men were dragging somebody out of a ring all bloodied and unconscious.

"That's my cue," I said as I unzipped my sweater and threw it at Adrian. "Hold my sweater."

"Do you want me to hold your purse, too?" he asked, amused.

"As if I'd let you hold my purse," I retorted. I knew that he would just most likely run away with it.

I went up the steps to the ring and looked over the other side and sized up the rumored Blaze. He had a tall lean body that seemed very familiar. I couldn't say for sure since his face was covered with a theatrical mask. Just by the size of his body, I could tell that he depends more on his speed than power. I've taken down guys twice his size before. I thought inwardly.

DING!

The bell rang and he came charging at me. I side stepped to the left and hit his ribcage. He jumped back and regained a fighting position. I kept my fists in front of my face. He came at me again but this time I didn't dodge. I came at him too and jumped when he was two feet away. I did a back flip over him and he looked up at me.

His mask was starting to creep me out so I snatched it from his face. I got a glimpse of his face but he turned around and kicked me in the stomach. I landed on my feet while clutching my stomach. That really hurt! I looked back up at him and growled.

Tyson? I was shocked. Baffled. Well, I knew that this was a local arena filled with local people but they were people that I didn't personally knew. Sure, I've seen them pass me by down the streets and in the mall but never somebody who went to my school and was dating one of my best friends. He looked at me and had the same look of recognition on his face. Oh, this is just too precious.