Chapter 29: The Choice

After a long week of arguments, many hours spend at the therapist's, and tearful calls to make arrangements, the decision was over. We decided that it was the best for the baby. There was no doubt in my mind that anything would happen to my baby. I would make sure of that.

When I started school back up again, things went back to normal, minus an ever absent Skylar. There was thankfully no Karly drama. It was just Christian and I, the way it was suppose to be. None of the girls asked too many questions. It was like they already knew.

We were all sitting around at lunch, happily eating away. Amy, Jaymie, and I were giggling about something, when Shadow brought up something important.

"Hey Quinn," She asked leaning her body over the table,"what's going to happen if your water breaks at school?"

That was a new one. I guess I had been planning for it to break at home, or in the car, but not at school. My parents had helped me come up with plans for everything, except this. "Uhh.." I stammered awkwardly.

Shadow nodded, realizing I had no plan at all. "That's probably something you really need to prepare for. It could happen any time."

I nodded back. I chewed up my food and swallowed then said, "I know, but what are the odds. I'm only in the beginning of my third trimester, I'm.. Oh wait let me count. Shit.. Uhh, I'll be 8 months on Friday."

"See what I mean, Quinn. You really need to be prepared. Maybe you and I can talk about this later. How about you and I hang out at your house tomorrow, and we can figure this out."

The end of lunch bell rang, before I could answer. Shadow found me after school, and verified our plans.

Christian and I were standing at his car. He had been driving me to school since the accident. My parents saw my driving as hazardous, which is so not true. They took away my license, and my keys. It was horrible. Christian offered to cart me from home to school, and back.

Today we had a date planned. The first Christian and Quinn date night. There was no school drama to get in the way this time. He was taking me to his favorite restaurant, and back to his place to watch a movie. It many seemed dull and cliche to the average person, but to him and I, it was nothing short of perfect.

Christian politely opened the door of his car for me. "Right this way, m'lady." he said as he ushered me inside the car. I giggled a bit as I buckled. He shut the door, and climbed in on the other side.

After a few minutes, we pulled into Burgerking. He parked, and I looked at him suspiciously. "Burgerking?" I asked not breaking my state.

"You said my favorite restaurant. Here it is." He flashed me a dazzling smile. I shook my head at him and smiled. He was so charming sometimes. He opened the car door for me, and we walked in hand in hand.

Standing in line, I leaned over and whispered, "Is Burgerking even considered a restaurant?" He turned and grinned at me, and I felt my heart skip a beat.

"Even if it's not, it's still my favorite." he whispered back.

"Hello you two!" A peppy Jaymie said from behind the counter."What are you two love birds up to?"

Christian shook his head. "Oh Jaymie. We just came to eat. So, I would like a whooper meal with no tomatoes or onions, and a coke."

"Woho there mister. That meal just bought you a ticket for the chub train." Jaymie said making train noises. "Chubba chubba chubba chubba chew chew!"

"Jaymie!" We heard someone call from the behind the grills. "Stop making fat jokes at the customers! We just discussed this!"

She hunched her shoulders and blushed as a short squat man came up to her. He looked he belonged in one of those horribly made 90's movies with the blonde frosted tips. His nose was protruding obnoxiously, and his ears were abnormally large and pointing at awkward angles. He grabbed Jaymie by the arm, and took her to the back. Meanwhile another employee, who's cheeks were red with laughter took her spot at the register, and finished our order.