Chapter 15: Just Another Day In The Life

The next day at school was boring. Boring is good in my case. There was no drama. I didn't see Maccy or Derek, but I did see Tyler. He looked like he hadn't been getting much sleep. Dating Maccy must be very strenuous, and then there was the fact that he was also taking care of Derek. Tyler saw me from across the hall just as I was heading to the parking lot. He gave me a small, sad smile. She must have told him. God, sometimes I really hated Maccy. I felt nothing but pure anger towards her. She betrayed me. She was so selfish. I felt so ashamed of myself for ever considering her my friend. It didn't matter anywasys. She was nobody to me. By the end of the week she would really be out of my life.

When I walked out to my car, I breathed a sigh of relief. There was no crowd, and no spray paint. I silently thanked God for letting today be better than yesterday. I got home around 2 o'clock, an hour before Christian came to pick me up. My stomach rumbled, so I went to the kitchen for a snack. Not finding anything good, I grabbed a jar of peanut butter and a spoon, and headed up to my room.

I saw no need to dress up or look extravagant. I turned on my stereo and took out a spoon full of peanut butter. I put on a casual white blouse, and some plain jeans. I threw my hair up in a messy bun, and put on some light makeup. I checked my phone for any new messages. I had one from Christian. Hey Quinn. Just checking if we are still on for coffee. I'll probably be there around 2:45. See ya then. - C

I texted him back.

Oh yeah, we are still on for coffee. I have been looking forward to this all day. See ya then. -Q

I looked at the clock. It read 2:37. I went back downstairs and put the peanut butter in the cupboard. I went out to my car and grabbed my purse. By the time I got back into the house, I saw Christian's car pull up.

I walked out the door, and gave Christian a wave. He smiled at me in return. I climbed into the passenger seat of his car. "Good afternoon, Quinn. How are you feeling?"

"Afternoon. I'm feeling fine. Good, actually. Where are we going?" I asked as we pulled out the driveway.

"That's good. Just to a little cafe I like to go to. A lot of the kids from my school go there. It's like their hang out spot."

"What's it called?" I asked wanting to remember it for when I transferred.

"It's called Fusion. They make a lot of weird inverted drinks and stuff, but they are really good." Christian replied as we pulled into the parking lot.

Since it was a Tuesday afternoon, I was surprised to see the parking lot mostly full. When I walked in, I was instantly bombarded by color. It was everywhere. The walls, the ceiling, the coffee machines, and the furniture were covered in graffiti. The black tile floor was the only neutral color. There was pop music playing throughout the shop, and people scattered everywhere. The couches where filled, and so were most of the lounge chairs.

We walked up to the coffee bar. "What do you want?" Christian whispered in the side of my ear.

"I don't know what's good. Order for me?" I asked. I pulled out my wallet, but he shook his head. He pushed my hand back towards my purse. I put the wallet back inside.

"Hey Brian." Christian said addressing the blonde boy behind the counter.

"Hey Chris. Where's Karly?"

"Karly and I aren't together anymore. She got on my last nerve. Anyways, Brian, this is Quinn." Christian said moving out of the way so Brian could see me. I instantly blushed. I didn't do good with introductions.

"Nice to meet you, Quinn. I'm Brian, this hunky stud muffin's best friend, who is obviously out of the loop because he didn't tell me about breaking up with his girlfriend!"