Chapter 9: Prodigal Daughter

Finally, he pulled himself out of me. I thought it was over, but he proceeded in sticking his fingers where he just had himself. One became two, and two became three. Slowly he added the rest of his fingers, and it was extremely painful. I felt like he was ripping me in half. His hand felt like sandpaper, grinding up my insides, and turning them into hamburger. I watched myself slowly regain consciousness. My eyes fluttered, then snapped open. I watched myself quickly regain the memories, and start screaming. I screamed, I cried, I begged him to stop. He told me to shut up, an when I didn't he punched me in the face. I was sent back to unconsciousness with that blow, and i 

watched the blood roll down my cheek like tears of hate, until I woke up from my fitful slumber.

I had been at Christian's house for a week. Most of my bruises were either gone, or faded, and my eye wasn't as swollen. Elise had given me a brace for my wrist which I had sprung. I felt pretty normal except for the empty feeling I had in my chest, and progressing depression.

I had called my mom earlier, and told her I was coming home. She didn't answer, again, and I was worried she wasn't even going to be there when I got home. There wasn't anything for me to pack, since I didn't have anything with me before. I decided to take a shower to kill time.

It was about 10:00 when I got out. I needed some clothes and I wanted to asked Christian which ones I could wear. I could hear talking in the living room. I didn't recognize the second voice. It was definitely feminine. Maybe it was one of Elise's friends. I wrapped myself in a towel. I creaked open the bathroom door, and scampered down the hall. I peaked around the corner. I could see Christian and a platinum blonde in a heated discussion. She was tall and lean. She wore a silver sequin top that was way to low cut. Her makeup was skillfully drawn on to magnify her plum eyes. She shook her hands and angrily stomped her foot, while Christian tried to calm her down.

She started to calm down, and took one step forward, to have my face meet the floor. Damn those pointless pieces of metal that signify the change from carpet to tile. My bad wrist caught my fall, and I screamed in pain. Two pairs of eyes snapped to my direction. I got a deep glare from the blonde. She turned back to Christian. Without one word she slapped him across the face and left, slamming the door on the way out. I just screwed something up big time. I looked up at Christian who had a pained look on his face. He came over to me and helped me up. "I just wanted to ask what clothes I could wear..." I said keeping my head down. "I didn't mean to intrude.. Or screw everything up for you.."

"It's ok, Quinn. She didn't understand. She'll be back though. She always comes around."

"What's her name?"

"Her name is Karly. She's something."

"And she's your girlfriend, right?"

"Yeah. We have been going out for a long time. Anyways, let's get you some clothes."

* * *

Christian's apartment ended up only being about 5 minutes away from my house. I was excited and nervous about going home. I wanted to sleep in my bed, and get the comfort I needed from my parents. I was nervous about what they would say, and if they could forgive me. The conversation in the car was nonexistent, until Christian randomly stopped the car. 

"Quinn, I know you don't want to tell me, but it's killing me. And I can't just let you walk away without knowing how the heck you ended up naked in the street at 3 o'clock in the morning. You don't have to tell me every detail, but please tell me."

I sighed. I knew He was going to ask sooner or later. I felt a lump grow in my throat, and my voice barely came out as a whisper. I only said one word. It was detailed enough in each of the four letters. Rape. He nodded his head as to say he got all the details.

When we pulled up to my house, I saw my mom's car sitting untouched in the driveway. I had to stop myself from jumping out of the car. I calmly got out and tried to brace myself for what was coming next. I had to face my parents. Christian grabbed my hand for support and we walked up to the front door. I knocked on the door, and stepped back. Christian's phone rang in his pocket, and he walked away to answer it. Soon, the door opened to the shocked face of my loving mother. She ran at me, and smothered me in her body. I felt the tears start pouring down. I missed her so much.

"Come in, baby. You need some lunch." She said as she pulled away from the hug. She smiled at me, kissed me on the check, then led me into the house.