Chapter Seven

(Audrey's POV)

The second we walked in the door we knew we were done for.

Ernie pounced the second we were in the door.

"Where the f*ck have you two been?"

"We were just out walking around." Ruby said.

We tried to hide the two bags behind our backs but he saw them.

He yanked them out of our hands and looked inside.

Enzo and Val has taken us to Times Square where they'd bought us a few little things. Ruby and I have a snow-globe collection, so they bought both of us a different one.

Ernie took mine out of the bag first.

"Where the f*ck did this come from? I sure as hell know you don't have any money to buy this." Ernie said before he threw it.

It shatters on impact. Ruby's got the same treatment as mine.

"Who the f*ck where you out with?" He asked grabbing Ruby by the hair.

"Let her go." I said and I instantly regretted it.

He let her go only to grab me and throw me to the floor. He threw me in the same direction as the snow-globes meaning I landed in a pile of glass.

"We were just with some friends." Ruby said getting between Ernie and me.

"What friends?"

"Just some friends from class."

"The same friend who brought you that paper?" Ernie asked glaring at me.

"N-No." I said but he caught my lie.

"You two whoring yourselves out now?"

"No. They're just friends." Ruby said as I slowly stood up. I had glass in my arm and hand and a piece in my cheek.

"Get this shit cleaned up and then go upstairs." Ernie hissed before storming off.

We did as he said because we knew the consequences of not doing it. Once we were in our room, Ruby helped me clean myself up and get all the class out.

We were just about to change into our pajamas when the door opened and Andrew came storming in.

He pushed me against the wall and grabbed my face roughly.

"You were out with that f*cker Valentine."

It wasn't a question. Ernie must've told him.

Andrew had a black eye and several bruises all over his face from the beating Val gave him at the party.

"We're just friends." I said and her tightened his grip causing my jaw to hurt.

"No way in hell you're friends with that f*cker."

My temper was rising.

"You're not my boss." I spat.

He didn't waste anytime backhanding me. To make it worse, he hit the cheek that Ruby had just pulled a piece of glass out of.

"Ruby, get out." He ordered without taking his eyes off me.

"No, Andrew."