Chapter Six

A/N:

Kind of just a filler.....

Kind of....

-Anon😘😉🧐💜💜

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Val's POV)

We were sitting in the cafeteria eating when my phone rang.

"Hello."

"Tomorrow night at six."

I smirked. "Yeah?"

"Yeah. Pick us up outside."

"See you then." I said as she hung up.

"Who was that?" Enzo asked.

"Audrey. We are taking them out tomorrow at six."

"Really?"

"Really." I nodded.

"Hell yeah. Where are we taking them?"

"To see our city." I said and he grinned.

~~~~~~~~~~

The next night, we pulled up in front of their building at six and found them waiting on the steps.

They both got in the back seat.

"Hi." Audrey said.

"Hi."

"Where to?" Ruby asked.

"To get food." Enzo said.

We took them to a place our parents, especially mom, like to go to. Carlo's.

"Lorenzo. Valentine. So good to see you." Carlo exclaimed as we walked in.

"Hey, Carlo."

"You're parents were just in here for dinner. Never met two people more in love than your parents."

We chuckled. "That's what a lot of people tell us."

"Who are these beautiful ladies?"

"This is Audrey and Ruby."

"Pleasure to meet you. I seat you at the finest table. Follow me."

We followed him to the back sitting area where only a few people were.

Throughout dinner, we talked and laughed. It was mostly about nothing.

Afterwards, we took them to Times Square to look around and we even bought them a thing or two that they liked so well. After that we took them to Central Park where two horse carriages were waiting.

"We thought you two would enjoy seeing the park and city in style." I said.

Ruby went with Enzo and Audrey went with me.

"This is amazing." Audrey said. "Thank you."

"Of course."

"How'd you do it? The dinner with the private table in the back and now this."

I chuckled. "Our parents are.......famous around the city. Our father owns a lot of businesses in and out of the city."

"So you're rich."

"My parents are rich." I said.

"Well thank you for this evening. It's been wonderful. I can't remember the last time we had had this much fun."

"Not thanks necessary."

We sat in silence and took everything in for a few minutes before she spoke again.

"Tell me about you." I said causing her to turn her body towards me.

"About me?"

I nodded.

"What do you want to know?"

"Everything you'll tell me."

"Ruby and I have practically been friends since birth. My favorite color is purple. I'm allergic to seafood. I'm a bit of a nerd. I have a fairly high IQ. I enjoy reading. And I'm not a big fan of thunderstorms. Now it's your turn."

"Alright. Let me think." I said pretending to think hard. "I have a little sister named Isabella. My favorite color is crimson. There's really no food that I won't eat. Not really afraid of anything. And I am a minute or two older than Enzo."

She giggled. "A minute or two older?"

"Yeah, that makes me the oldest and wisest." I winked.

She smiled. It was the first time I'd seen her really smile. I know because that was the first time she smiled enough for me to see that she had dimples.

I brought my hand up to her face and she slightly flinched, but that didn't stop me. I cupped her cheek in my hand and smiled back her.

"You have dimples."

She blushed and instead of moving her head away from me, she nuzzled her cheek into my hand like a cat does.

F*ck, I wanted to kiss her.

But I didn't.

I didn't want to scare her. Didn't want to push her to far to fast. I'd wait for her because she was one of those girls you'd wait a lifetime for.

We talked some more before the carriage ride ended and we had to get them back home.

"We had a great time." Ruby said smiling like a fool at Enzo.

I couldn't stop the smirk that spread across my face when I saw that her lipstick was a bit smudged. Seemed like he waited for no one.

"One of the best nights we've had in a while." Audrey smiled.

"Hopefully we can do it again sometime soon." I said sticking my hands in my pockets.

Audrey smiled giving me a view of her dimples and blushed. "Call you sometime?"

"Or text." I winked.

We waited till they went inside and then we left.

"You f*cking kissed her." I said as soon as we got in the car.

He smirked. "She kissed me actually. I complimented her on how beautiful she is and she just kissed me."

"Then what?"

"Then we talked."

"About?"

"About everything and anything. You didn't kiss Audrey?"

"No, I was going to but...."

"But what?"

"I don't know. Just didn't feel like the right time, you know?"

He nodded. "Yeah."

We got back to the apartment and went straight to bed. We were out from six to ten.

As I laid in bed I couldn't help but think about how that evening was one of the best I'd ever had.

If only I knew then what I knew now.

If only I knew how bad things were about to get....