Chapter 2: Allen's Admirers

Chapter 2,

—Allen's POV—

"I need to lay even lower today, since Lenalee saw me fight the akuma yesterday." I say to myself as I walk to class.

It was a good thing I didn't talk yesterday, she could recognize my voice today in class. Not to mention that Kanda guy was pretty close to stabbing me with his katana, which kind of freaked me out a bit there. Kanda reminds me of a emo-pretty boy, although he also reminds me of a girl, with his long hair back in a ponytail.

"Hey!" I hear someone yell. I recognize that voice, it was Lavi from my class. If he's here that means Lenalee must be too. Great.

I sigh and turn slightly to see what he wants. "Hi." Lenalee was trailing along behind him.

"You're Allen Walker from my class right?" Lavi smiles. I just noticed he was wearing a eye patch. What's with that?

"Uh, yeah." I fake a smile.

Lenalee walks up to me and put her hand out for me to shake. "I'm Lenalee Lee, nice to meet you." She smiles.

"I'm Allen Walker, nice to meet you too." I shake her hand.

"You are kind of mysterious you know." She laughs.

"Um..." Okay that's weird, she hasn't let go of my hand yet. I look down and then back up. "You still have a hold of my hand."

"Oh." I noticed her cheeks flush red. I felt my own heat up a bit as her's did, what is this? Luckily she didn't notice my red cheeks, since one was covered and by the time mine turned fully red I had already turned back to Lavi.

"So, why did you want to know if I was the Allen that went to your school?" I ask.

"Oh I wanted to see if you wanted to walk with us to school, Komui, Lenalee's brother made Kanda go on a mission today. I have to pay extra attention to Lenalee, so if you could help me, I would appreciate it."

"Um, Okay." I say.

Then Lenalee hugs me, What is she doing? "Thank you Allen!"

I froze up. My cheeks went red again. I felt her heart beat against my arm, it was beating fast, or is it normal. I've never been hugged by anyone before, well Miranda hugged me, but that's a totally different situation. She releases me from her hug, and smiles, I notice her cheeks were still red and that for some reason I had this weird feeling in my chest.

"Alright lovebirds, let's get a move on!" Lavi calls out, my eyes catching that he's already halfway down the block.

"Lavi!" Lenalee yells after him, her cheeks get even redder and oddly mine do too. We started to walk toward the school and people were staring at us, mostly guys. Lenalee looks a little uncomfortable.

"Are you alright?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm kind of scared of all these guys looking at me. There are staring at me with eyes that my brother wouldn't approve of." She seriously looks frightened. What is her brother like?

"Oh...Since Lavi ditched us, just stay close to me, okay." I say.

"Okay." She says. I begin to walk off, when I feel her hand grab mine. I turn to face her, "Is it alright if I hold your hand?" Her cheeks were bright red again.

"Uh sure, we'd better get to school!" I say turning before my cheeks betrayed me and turn red against my will.

--

When we finally made it to school, I noticed Yohei Saito was watching me and Lenalee closely. Oh I had almost forgot, Lenalee was still holding my hand. "Uh, Lenalee. You're still holding my hand."