Chapter 6: The White Room

Chapter 6,

—Allen's POV—

I am in so much trouble, Master Cross is going to kill me for revealing my identity. Especially for revealing it while in the Black Order, the one place he told me specifically to stay away from. 

I currently followed Kanda the grumpy, girly looking boy throughout the order until we came to a huge door that had been sealed with a Akuma's portal. 

Once we enter Komui rushes toward us and grabs a hold of Lenalee and Kanda. "You two, your Innocence has been taken away to be fixed. You cannot fight without Innocence, so you two will be joining Lavi in the recovery room."

"What?" Kanda growls.

Komui ignores him. "As for you Allen Walker, you should probably stay behind with us scientists. We can protect you."

"Komui, I'm an Exorcist as well." I activate my Innocence in front of him to prove it.

"Ah well." He looks shocked. "I'll have to dissect it sometime. For now go help the others in the Science Lab somehow?" He grabs a hold of both Kanda and Lenalee and begins to pull them away.

"How am I supposed to enter the science lab when the only exit is blocked?" I ask just in time to have the back of my head hit with a whole lot of force. Komui halts in his tracks.

"Idiot apprentice. I thought I told you to keep your identity as an Exorcist a secret?" I turn in horror to find Master Cross behind me.

"I ah..." I stop not knowing what to say.

"It was my fault, General Cross. I'm the one who exposed him." Lenalee sighs shrugging out of Komui's grasp. She runs up to me and wraps her arms around me, "You see I love Allen and I wanted to see what he really looked like." 

Master stares at me in disbelief. 

Lenalee turns back to me, "Fight hard and don't die on me, Allen. I want you back in one piece." 

A tear rolls down her cheek. She's so cute right now, but--I couldn't finish my thought because her lips are on mine once more and I hear Komui growl 'My Precious Lenalee' and Master Cross just stared. 

The only thing that filled my mind was her, I couldn't think anymore. 

"I love you, Allen." She says as she pulls away staring into my eyes as if I were the only person on this Earth. "Even if you don't love me back." She turns away and makes her way back to Komui who pulls her and Kanda away quickly.

"Quite a woman, if I must say so myself." Master says checking her out as Komui drags her away.

"Master, she's way too young for you." I say shaking my head at his thoughts.

"You're just jealous. You'd better swipe her up before I get my hands on her." He says tearing his eyes from her to look at me. "Anyways Idiot apprentice have you ever played the piano before?"

"No, why?" I ask, why is he asking me this when innocent people are being hurt in the Science Lab?

"Well you're going to have to learn." He pushes me and suddenly I find myself in a totally different place. It was a white room, with a white couch, a white piano, and a mirror like thing on the wall.

"Master!" I yell turning around to face him, but he's gone. I'm all alone in the white room, at least I think I am. I walk over to the mirror and a dark figure roams on the other side. Wait this isn't a mirror it's a window right? The dark figure mimicked everything I did, wait is this a trick mirror?

"Welcome, this is the room of the Fourteenth." It spoke. Wait a minute, I've seen this guy before. He was in one of my dreams. 

"This is my key." He points to the piano on his side of the mirror.

"Key?" I turn to the piano on my side of the room. Tim Canpy flies over and lands on the piano, Tim's here? Am I supposed to play the piano, is that what Master Cross wants me to do? 

"Tim Canpy?" I mutter.

"My Tim Canpy." The dark figure spoke again. "Allen and Tim Canpy are the one's with the 'Power of the Musician.'"

"What?" I say confused, what is going on right now? "Musician, huh? What are you talking about? And Tim Canpy belongs to my Master, he's not yours. I've seen you before, who are you?" I have a bad feeling about this and so many questions that I feel he won't answer.

"Idiot Apprentice, hurry up and make the Ark Gate open!" Master Cross's voice rings through my ear ring like communicator startling me. "Play the piano and open the Gate."

"But I've never touched a piano before in my life, how am I supposed to play one?" I ask glancing at the piano again but keeping the dark figure in sight out of the corner of my eye.

"Just do it!" He yells. "Tim has the musical score." Did I mention I also don't know how to read a music sheet?

"Allen must be the one to play." The dark figure interrupted our conversation.

"Why me?" I ask, this is freaking me out. Why am I here when I should be helping the people in the Science Lab?

"The score belongs to Allen." It does? Tim opens his mouth and the score comes out of it surprising me. But what was more surprising was the fact that I recognized it as soon as it appeared.

"Th-that's the score?"

It's the song Mana had taught me long ago? I approach the piano and glance over to the dark figure who mimicked my every move down to a tee, he made his way to the piano too. I touch the keys and almost immediately I felt a connection, my hands began to press. A beautiful sound came from it as I played the song that Tim showed me, my hands moved on their own as if they had known the song all their life.

"Idiot Apprentice! Open the Gate Already!" Master yells through communicator once again, which interrupts my piano playing.

"How?" I ask. I'm already playing the piano but nothings happening.

"Think about what you want the Ark to do while playing the song." Master says before cutting out once more.

"Why is this song here?" I touch the score.

"That is the song, and as for the melody, it's within you, Allen." My hands begin to play again, I played it while thinking off the task at hand and then someone's voice began to sing in my head.

'Soshite bouya wa nemuri ni tsuita...watashi wa inori tsuzukeru...tsunaide te ni kisu wo.' The voice was beautiful and I found myself singing along with the voice until the song had ended. (A/N: The Japanese version of the song!! The Japanese version sounds better than the English lyrics.)

"I need to save the others. So..." I say slowly at the ending of the song. "Open, Ark gate!"

"Good job Idiot Apprentice." Master Cross's voice comes from behind me. I turn as a tear slides down my face, why, why was that song part of the power of the musician? I quickly wiped my tear away and looked to Master.

"Master." I say. "Is the Ark gate open?"

"Yes, come on." He grabs me pulling me out of the white room quickly. I watch as the dark figure watches me leave. "Time to go help the Scientists."

----

A/N: Well this D.Gray-Man fanfic is back too!! :P Picture is Kanda, video is the actual 14 melody and how the scene goes in the anime.

-DGrayManLover