Chapter 13: The Big Project

Its finally November! I love this time of the year! Mom decorates the house in fall colors like brown, yellow, and deep reds. Slowly, our home evolves to a Thanksgiving scene. You'd walk up to our house and see pumpkins and colorful leaves everywhere,neatly decorated.

           This is also the very begining of one of 2 of the most biggest projects the dance sector is required to do. Every year PAAHS Dance sector does a HUGE Dance recital each semester...for a grade! This one is the Fall/Winter Dance Recital. The next one is the Spring/Summer recital at the end of the year. Its so big we rehears for 2 months straight; starts immediately in November and the actual recital is the last day before we go on our Holiday Break. All of the different dance styles and dance students come together to one whole recital. Each dance class does 2 dances as one group. Thats not the big deal. The big deal about this is that you have to do a group dance with 4-6 people. You have to choreograph everything and rehears when ever a studio is empty afterschool or at home, and if yur lucky during class (rare tho). And it has to be in the style of dance that you are taking. Like for me, I'd have to do a piece thats Hip Hop because I take hip hop.

            Its even worse for people like Scar and Megan. They both have Lyrical for Period 7 and Hip Hop for period 8. That means they have to do 3 lyrical pieces each and 3 hip hop pieces. 6 all in total. Me, Im only doing 3 pieces, all hip hop.  Since so many people need to rehears, you can sign up to use the dance studio; from 2-3 pm, 3-4, 4-5 pm, 5-6 pm, or 6-7 pm everyday afterschool in the dance studio your class is in. This project is serious, its worth 40% of your grade outside of the choreography we learn and perform every week and dance tests we get.

            Recently we got a new girl at our school. She came about 1 1/2 week ago. She pretty much has the same classes as me and the guys. She's really pretty! I heard her name was something like Kayla or something...i dont know...

Ms.Chantel (dance teacher): Ok ya'll need to make your groups right now. Remember it can only be 4-6 people in one group. Choose wisely. Once you got your group, write down whose in your group and sign underneath so its official. Once you sign this, you cant change no exseptions. Like I said choose wisely!

Scar: We already gonnna be together.

me: Yeah

Meg: Of course

          A little mixed girl that could be the size of a 7th grader walked up to us with a bright smile on her face. She was really skinny, like maybe 85 pounds for a girl thats 4'11'. She had jet black hair that went a little past her neck. She had chocolatey eyes that looked into your sole. We see her all the time cuhs we practically have the same schedule, but we never made an effort to talk to her. Normally, I'd go up to the new kids and introduce myself, but I never had time to so its whatever...

New Girl: Hi my name is LyKayla. But people call me Kay Kay or Kayla.*sticks out hand*

Scar: Oh Ive seen you around here. Im Scarlett but people like to call me Scar. *shakes it*

KayKay: Yeah I know who you are. I sit in the back of Ms.Jerffery's class and all the basketball team does is talk about you...and you *points to Meg*...and you. *points to Chanel* But uh, yeah I just came over here to see if it was ok If I could be in your group for the recital?

Scar: Hold that thought *pulls Meg and Chanel to the side*

me: We should let her

Megan: Im with Chanel.

Scar: Wait. Wait a minute. We have to really think about this. Cause after she's in the dance group, she'll try to be apart of our social group. When we eat at lunch, over the weekends, and when we go to the mall and stuff.