Chapter 23: Who Did It?

I paused for a moment. That was the only way for me to stop myself from either going Mrs.Chantel or having a breakdown. I took a deep breathe and looked again. No necklace. FUCK!! I threw out all of dance shoes, tops, and harem pants one by one out my locker till it was completely empty. Still, no necklace. This can't be happening!

I searched through my school bag, through every zipper, every pocket, and every corner of the bag. No necklace.

"FUCK!" I threw a Nike shoe at my locker leaned my hands up against it. The tears softly flowed out of my eyes as I think about how irresponsible I was to loose the last memory of my very own mother. Anger built up inside of me and I banged my fist on the metal lockers that stung my hand when I hit. I didn't even feel a thing because the pain I was feeling on the inside could never exceed any physical pain. I heard Kayla's light footsteps coming closer to me and she knelt down beside me.

"Chanel? Chanel what's wrong?"

I caught my breath. "It's-It's gone!" I fell into her arms and she hugged me back while rubbing my back.

"What's gone?"

"My moms necklace! It's gone!" Kayla looked confused at first but then it dawned that the bronze heart shaped memoir necklace that I nearly never removed, was gone.

"Ohh Chanel..I'm so sorry." Her voice sympathetic and I could tell her eyes started to water. I continued to cry in her arms thinking about how much trouble I'm going to be in and how upset my dad is gonna be. I'm so stupid! How could I lose it? I mean it could potentially be anywhere! In the locker room, in the theatre, the walkway leading to the theatre, anywhere! And god only knows if any of these sticky handed girls took it! I don't know what Imma do...

We searched and searched the locker room for 15 minutes after school and even the lost and found but nothing. I had to give up. It wasn't anywhere I was before and I lost hope every time I searched in a place but it wasn't in site.

"Maybe it was Scarlet or Brooklyn.." Kayla stated.

"As much as I wanna believe that, they couldn't of done it. Their lockers are all the way on the other side and they were stretching in the theatre before I even got there. Who the fuck did it?"

"I really don't know-" my phone rang interrupting Kayla.

"It's Jacob." I answered it. "Yeah...sorry for making you wait...I'm coming now. And when I come I have to tell you...ok...bye." I turned back to Kayla. "Alright I gotta go. Thanks for helping me."

"Anything for you love! I hope you find it." She gave me a warming hug and I grabbed my things and ran to the front of PAAHS so Jacob wouldn't have to wait any longer. When I finally reached them, Chase had been leaning up against our range rover and Jacob had his ear phones in playing fun run probably. I ran up to him and he didn't break eye contact with his phone so I tapped his shoulder. He removed his earphones and looked at me ready for me to speak.

"Jacob..." I sighed. "It's gone." He looked at me perplexed. "The necklace! It's gone!" His body froze and his eyes expanded as far as they could.

This wasn't going to end very well.

__________________________________________________________________

Short, i know. But whatcha think? Comment, vote, fan! This book has about 5 more chapters left till I move full time to the lost and found sequel and Please Don't Judge Me (You only know my name). Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!