CHAPTER 8.

I woke up at about 6 o'clock, got a shower, changed my clothes, ate breakfast, brushed my teeth and woke up Marrissa and she got ready too. We left around 7:00, but we had to stop at Marrissa's house to get her some different clothes.

"You didn't tell me you're room was on the second floor." I said kind of annoyed.

"Oh yeah. Surprise!" she said.

So I grabbed Marrissa looked up at the window.

"Here goes nothing." I said.

I held on to her and jumped up to her window, opened it and walked in, set her down and sat on her bed. She didn't even seem the least bit shy about dressing in front of me. I have seen her naked so I guess there really wasnt a reason for her to be. When she was dressed I jumped back down the window and walked to Dr. Evans' house.

***************************************************************************************

We got to his house, half an hour later he was waiting eagerly for us on his porch.

"Come on in! Quickly!" he said.

We walked in and he shut the door behind us. His house looked like a mad scientists lab. There were vials and bottles filled with strange liquids. There were some plants growing too, I wasn't sure what they were but I touched one anyway, it was a small purple flower, when I touched it it pricked my finger and almost immediately I felt sick to my stomach and got a headache. I stumbled around and ran into the nearby wall. Dr. Evans caught me before I fell and walked me over to the couch.

"Careful Bryan, that Wolf's Bane can be deadly...to you." he warned.

"Yeah thanks for the warning now Doc, glad you're here to help." I said sarcastically.

Marissa hit my arm.

"Please forgive him, he's been through a lot lately and apparently sarcasm is his coping mechanism." she said.

"You are a very intelligent young lady Ms. Smith, Bryan is very lucky to have you as guidance." said Dr. Evans.

Marissa blushed and grabbed my hand, I started feeling better already. I gently squeezed her hand then let go and stood up. I was still a bit nauseous but after a few seconds I was better.

"Dr. Evans, you didn't seem very surprised when I told you I turned into a werewolf."

"Oh yes, that's because I'm one too." he said all to calmly with his eyes turning yellow.

Naturally Marrissa screamed again, while I was just standing there shocked.

"It's not as bad as it seems Ms. Smith, Bryan would tell you but he's only been through his first change." he said, eyes returning to normal.

"How did you become a wolf Doc?" I asked.

"I was actually a werewolf hunter but I fell in love with an Alpha I was chasing and asked her to change me so we could be together." he said.

"Did you?" asked Marrissa.

"No,' he said coldly 'Bryan's father killed her."