CHAPTER 3.

I woke up in the hospital, with the doctor staring at me in awe.

"Umm can I help you doc?", I said, my voice was hoarse.

"Yes, can you explain to me how you survived the worst mountain lion attack I've ever seen?" he asked.

"I wish. So how did I get here?" I asked.

"Well' he said, 'a girl named Marrissa Smith called 9-1-1 and reported your injuries. She says you saved her life. But it seems she's the one that saved you."

He turned to leave the room.

"Wait!" I said.

"Yes?"

"How long have I been out?"

"Only about a day. Happy Birthday by the way." he said with a smile.

It had been maybe half an hour since the doctor left so I tried to fall back to sleep. I did. I began to have these vivid dreams of the attack. But I woke up to someone touching my arm. I opened my eyes and I saw Marrissa smiling down at me.

"Hey' she said sweetly, 'how are you feeling?"

"Like I got attacked by a savage beast and saved by a beautiful girl. How 'bout you?"

She blushed, "I'm ok. But you're the one who saved me, if you hadn't saved me I might be in your place. Or worse. I literaly owe you my life. You're my hero. I love you."

"Really it's nothing...wait what?' I asked, shocked. 'You love me? Since when?"

"Well, I've always like-liked you since 5th grade. But you never asked me out so I didn't think you liked me back." she said sadly.

"But I did and still do like you. But how do you know you love me?" I asked still confused.

"Well I didn't until the party, that's why I had to leave. I wanted to be with you soo bad but I was still going out with Nick. I had been wanting to break up with him for a while but I couldn't get up the nerve." she replied.

"Well, it looks like you had the nerve last night' i said with a wink, 'and now that you're availible, do you want to go out?"

"Yes! of course, what did I just explain to you?' she said blushing again, 'I'm sorry to just barge in here start rambling on then become you're girlfriend and leave."

"It's ok' I said, 'I'll see you later."

"Yes you will."

Then she bent down and kissed me. Of course I kissed her back. Her lips were so warm and soft. Then she pulled away with a satisfied look on her face and she was blushing again.

"Bye" we said in unison.

My life just got 10x better.