CHAPTER 7.

I just ran and ran and ran. I had to get away from her. I don't know what it was but I just had to KILL SOMETHING! I couldn't let myself hurt Marrissa. I ran until I reached the tallest hill in the woods. I looked up at the moon and just let out all of my emotions, I was intending for a manly scream, but I let out an unnatural howl. It sounded like a normal wolf howl at first but it also had a very low growl sound. When I had finished howling I just sat there like a dog, crouching on all fours. Suddenly I heard another howl, I thought it was just an echo of mine but I listened more closely with my new and improved hearing. It sounded more confident and powerful, but there was something else. A message.

"Come."

That's all there was. I replied,

"Where?"

I waited and waited. No answer.

"Great." I said.

I was completely shocked, I could still speak! It was very low and gruff, but still sounded like me! But my new super hearing ruined the moment. I heard rustling in the bushes, immediately my animalistic instincts came back.

"KILL."

I ran down the hill towards the sound and jumped on my prey.

"Ow! Bryan! Get off of me!" Marrissa screamed.

I got off.

"Marrissa? What are you doing out here? I was trying to stay away from you to protect you. I'm a monster." I said sadly.

"You are NOT a monster! You are my super hot, kinda hairy, boyfriend who I love more than anything. Baby, I love you and I will always stay with you. No matter what happens."

She reached out to touch my face, I wanted to stop her but I couldn't. My killer instinct was gone. I didn't want to hurt her. Or anything anymore. I looked into her eyes and she looked into mine. I felt the change again but it wasn't painful anymore. Soon I was back to normal wearing only my boxers that had some how survived the change, and I was freezing. I got up and we walked back to my house before I went back to bed I had to make a call.

"Hold on babe." I said.

I searched around for Dr. Evans' phone number. I didn't care what time it was. I needed answers. I found his number and dialed it. He picked up on the 5th ring.

"Hello?"

"Hello." I said bitterly

"Bryan? It's 2:00 in the morning. What's the problem did more symptoms come up?"

"Yeah I'd say so! You wanna know what happened?" I asked angrily.

"Yes of course!"

"OK, I turned into a GOD DAMNED WEREWOLF!"

"Oh dear. You need to come to my hose first thing tomorrow morning."

He gave us the address and we hung up.

We walked back to my room to get our clothes then walked back downstairs and fell asleep on the couch. So my parents wouldn't know what had happened.