Chapter 7- Problems oh Problems

The first fifteen minutes of our date had gone well, we'd been laughing, sharing details no one knows about us, how any first date should go,

but the minute that clock struck sixteen minutes, everything went to hell.

The moment Corbins Manager came through that door, the date, and the image i've had of Corbin in my head was thrown out the window. 

----------------

"Hey Corbin, what a coincidence seeing you here, who may this be?" Frank said smiling a very hollywood smile. 

"I assure you, this couldn't have been any coincidence, and this is Erin." Corbin said through gritted teeth. I'm just... Erin to him? 

"Well, it's nice to meet you young lady, mind if I take Corbin out for a little chat?" 

"We are on a date Frank, can't our little talk wait?" Corbin clenches his fists together angrily. 

"Unfortunately, no." Frank is no longer smiling. 

Corbin  takes a moment, as if to calm himself down and then pushes away from the table and stomps behind Frank. Once they are out of sight I sigh, what just happened?

 ---------------

I glance around the restaurant and then to my phone once more. Twenty minutes had passed and still no sign of Corbin. I decide to go look for him. I push open the exit doors and step outside of them and immediately regret doing so. 

"Ah just in time, Elaine it is?" Frank extends his arm to put around my back.

"Erin, actually." I say shrugging him away from me. I don't trust this guy. 

He scowles a little at me, but then smirks unusually.

"Anyhow, you're just in time to meet Laurie, Corbin's girlfriend." Him and Laurie smile at each other deviously. 

I blink a few times as would anyone going through shock. Hearing those words, Corbin's girlfriend, muttered from his mouth crushed every bone in my body, because it wasn't being spoken about me. 

I feel my heart shatter into a million pieces. I don't know why I care so much, we haven't known each other very long, and this is our first date, but yet it feels like i'm losing a limb. Like someone took a sledge hammer to my gut, like someone dug a knife into my heart then twisted it. I've always heard the stories, 'never trust a rock star with your heart' or 'they'll use you and then leave'. I just never thought that i'd be the girl, foolish enough to get too close to one to prove those statements right or wrong. So, like any strong, poised woman would do in a situation like this: 

I Threw up on both Frank and Laurie's shoes.

For a split second, watching the complete and utter horror on their faces managed to make me feel the slightest bit better. Then I remembered why I threw up again, and tears began to prick at my inner eyelids, causing my vision to drown out. 

I finally catch a glimpse of Corbin through my tear filled eyes and lung at him, punching his chest over and over in anger.

I let out every bit of emotion, dignity, and ounce of strength I have left on those punches. Corbin takes them as if he saw them coming, which fuels me to punch harder and harder. He eventually grabs my fists as I struggle to keep them swinging. I feel a tear hit my knuckle and my hands cease to swing. That wasn't my tear. 

I look up to see Corbin, eyes brimmed with tears also. I feel a slight pang of regret for hurting him, until I realize why I was hitting him in the first place and feel anger bubble within me once more. He opens his mouth to speak and I rip my hands from his then spit my words out before he begins his, "im sorry" speech that was sure to come. 

"No, I speak, you listen. You don't get to do this to me. You don't get to make me like you, and then turn out to be the jerk people always warn girls that rock stars are. You were supposed to be different, be special, I was not supposed to be another girl you were hoping to add to your collection. I am sorry if you're sad that you didn't get to sleep with me, maybe that's why you've gone and found yourself a new girl. Maybe i'm pathetic and thought I meant something to you, but you don't get to make me feel that way, only I should be able to. Don't you get it Corbin? You've made me happier in this little time we've known each other than i've felt in a long time. I guess this is why I shouldn't let my happiness depend on others, who could just as easily let me down. Which is what you've done Corbin. You've let me down. So i'll leave you here with your perfect girlfriend, perfect job, perfect life. I hope she is worth it Corbin. I really do." 

And with that, I walked to my car, glancing back for only a moments glance, to see Corbin, Laurie and Frank all in a state of shock then turned my key in the ignition and drive off, away from this nightmare of a night, away from him.