Chapter 10: Minor burns, major feelings

I woke up the next morning with the biggest smile on my face. I can't believe last night happened. It seemed surreal, like something out of some teen romance novel that I read when I was 16.

I roll over and push myself out of bed. I run into the kitchen and pour myself some much needed coffee quickly before turning around and heading to my room. Time to get ready and go job search. I planned to go yesterday, but Brianna had other plans for me. They were so sneaky, those nerds. I silently thanked her for bringing Corbin and I back together. Even though i've only known him a short amount of time, it feels like an eternity with him. He's so full of life, so smart, and cocky. So handsome, and exhausting. Hilarious, and impatient. He is a combination of frustrating and fluster-causing.

And I love that about him.

But do I love him? Or do I love the idea of him? The traits of him? I don't know, but I can't wait to find out.

I was knocked out of thought by my roommate, who was walking out of the bathroom as i was walking by, slamming into me, and causing my hot coffee to spill down my chest.

"Fuck fuck fuck fuck!" I scream and drop my mug on the floor, causing it to shatter.

"Shit! Erin! I'm sorry, let me grab a wet rag, a broom and a dustpan!" Brianna scurries to the kitchen hastily.

I strip off my shirt, making sure I don't have any critical burns on my chest, and see that everything is okay, beside some redness and minor blistering. But it hurt like HELL.

Brianna returned from the kitchen in a panic. She threw me the rag and I caught it, then she got to her knees and began to clean up the glass hurriedly.

Just then, the door swings open and reveals a smirking Corbin, only to find his expression to change to one of confusion.

"Bad time?" He says concerned.

I quickly cover my half-bare chest with the rag.

"Uhh, minor accident, shut the door please, we have weird neighbors."

He steps in and strolls up, revealing a bouquet of flowers he had behind his back.

I wanted to hug and kiss him, if my chest didn't burn so bad.

Brianna sweeps the rest of the mess up and goes to dispose of the glass in the kitchen.

Corbin understands the situation quickly and grabs my hand, leading me into the bathroom.

"First aid kit?" He asks.

"Under the sink."

He pulls out the first aid kit and opens it swiftly. He removes the towel from my chest, making my cheeks flush to bright red. He giggles.

"Relax Erin, i'm just trying to help you so you won't hurt anymore or scar."

He grabs anti-biotic and squeezes a generous amount into his hand. He rubs his palms together and then looks at me with caution.

"It might sting a little." I squeeze my eyes shut and focus on something else. Corbin looks so good today, he's wearing black jeans, and dark blue flannel, buttoned up to the top. His lips are pinker today, and his eyes are brighter. In contrast to how he looked last night, which was lifeless. He really is handsome.

I am pulled from my thoughts when his hand presses to my chest and causes a cold, stinging sensation, causing my body to jump. He apologizes quickly and begins to move his hand around the area, earning a groan of displeasure from me. He continues to apologize over and over until he finishes with the ointment. He wipes his hands off on a nearby towel and then reaches into the first aid kit once more, grabbing some bandages.

"This is gonna have to stay on for a week or so, so be very careful with it." He says, finishing up.

"How will I shower?" I ask suddenly.

"I guess you'll need help with that, huh?" He says smirking.

"You wish."

"You're right, I do."

--------------------------------------

We spent the rest of the day, watching old 80's movies and picking which character we'd be and why. We were on The Breakfast Club.

"I'd be John. He's a badass." Corbin says confidently.

"John is cute, but you're definitely not as cool as John the 'criminal'."

"I'm John, and you're Claire. We end up together. And then I throw my fist in the air and end the movie like any badass would."

"I'm not Claire! She's a brat. I would be Ally, She's cool and misunderstood, mysterious, and she ends up with a guy that no one would expect her with. Kind of like me and you."

"Are you saying i'm Andrew? I don't wanna be him. He's irritating." Corbin huffs.

"Well i'm not Claire!" I shout.

He begins to talk to me about why I am Claire and why he'd be John but I didn't want to hear it, so I stuck my fingers in my ears and blocked his words out.

Corbin goes silent for a second and before I know it, he is tickling me. I roll over trying to get away from him, but he pulls me onto his lap so I face the t.v. He let's out a chuckle and then leans into my ear.

"Sweets, you couldn't ignore me if you tried." He says, and then let's out a laugh.

I laugh along with him because he really is a perfect John. Which can only mean one thing.

"I really am a Claire, aren't I?" I say, turning to face him with a huff of realization.

"At first, I said it just to get a reaction out of you, but after the fingers in the ears thing, it has to be true. But it's okay, because sweets, you're my Claire." He says before kissing my lips softly.

And that is how we became our own little Breakfast Club, the princess and the criminal, the Claire and the John,

The Corbin and the Erin.