Chapter 3- A little Rebellion Never Hurt

I roll over and sit up, eyes still closed. I yawn and stretch my arms above my head. My eyes finally peek out from behind my eye lids and once I saw Corbin and the coffee shop walls my eyes almost burst out of my head. 

"Shit!" I say jumping to my feet and pacing back and forth.

"Good morning to you too darling." Corbin says, smirking and reaching for my hand. I swat his hand away and continue pacing. 

"What time is it?" 

"6 am." He says rubbing his eyes.

"Shit! Shit shit shit, I was supposed to open the shop an hour ago!" I say glancing at the mess and hiding my face in frustration. Corbin stands and is close to me.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay, let's just clean this up and then you can open up." He prys my hands off my face and kisses one.

"I'm covered in banana bits and milk, even if we clean this up, I need to shower before I open up." 

"Okay, so let's clean this up, then you can shower at my place, and call in sick to your boss on our way there. It's only fair, I mean, when was the last time you got a day off?" He says smiling at me.

"I don't know... I've never done something like this." 

"Break the rules once in awhile, live a little!" He says poking my cheeks. 

"Fine." I say sighing in defeat and grabbing sponges to clean the floor with. He grins widely and grabs a sponge from me. He starts to scrub the floor and I go and grab a mop. 

---------

"Ready to go?" He asks fastening his seatbelt.

"Yeah.." I say glancing at my phone nervously.

"Hey, it'll be fine." He says placing his hand on my knee. I glance at it and he pulls it away as if I burned a hole through his palm.

"Sorry.. I" 

"It's okay, I understand." He says, half smiling, still seeming hurt.

"Here goes..." I dial my bosses number. 

"Shhh shhh.. ha hello?" Yup, Angie's over.

"Ummm.. Hi.. I just wanted to call to say that I can't come in today." I say glancing at Corbin.

"Well that simply won't do Miss Erin, You have to go in." He says with a tone.

"If I recall, it's Angie's day, I mean i'm sure she will be perfectly fine with being alone one day." I say suddenly confident.

"No, Angie is feeling under the weather, so you have to work." He says angrily.

"No... I actually do not.. Today is my day off, and i'm not feeling well, so if you want a worker other than me or Angie I suggest you hire a few more people so that I can actually take a god damn day off once and awhile and maybe have a normal work schedule sometime." I hang up and smile. Douche. 

"Wow.." 

"What?" I say glancing at Corbin.

"Nothing... I just love when you get angry and start to finally tell people what you want." He says smiling.

----------

"Nice place." I say glancing around at his cream colored walls. It feels so warm here, like home.

"Thanks, yeah I love it here, and it's good when we are back in town for concerts or just for breaks and I get to stay here again." He says walking past me and into the hallway. He opens a door and walks in going to the drawers. 

"Here are two towels and here are some clothes you can wear while yours are washing." He says handing me a small pile.

"Thank you, for everything." I say taking them and heading towards the bathroom. 

"No problem sweets." He says quickly kissing my cheek before I can stop him and running into the kitchen. I blush and push open the door then shut and lock it. 

---------

I walk out of the bathroom after my shower in a pair of his sweats and a oversized t-shirt. My hair is still wrapped in the towel and I walk into the living room. 

"Sheesh... Finally you're done in there, you know, I need to shower too!" He says smiling and standing to go shower. 

"Sorry, but I am not going to be gross because somebody doesn't like the pace at which I shower." I say pretending to yawn and pat my hair. He giggles and walks to the bathroom. As he's showering I end up dosing off quietly.

---------

 I woke up to a loud snore. I glance around and see no one around me. Where did that come from? I glance down at my arms and see another pair wrapped around me. I normally would freak out at the unexpectedness of waking up in someones arms but I was so comfy I couldn't complain. I glance up at his face while he's sleeping. He looks so cute when he's sleeping. I wish I wasn't so distant with people but it's just hard to trust people after... Lee. I let out a sigh and start to pull on the ends of my hair. 

"What's wrong?" Corbin says sitting up a bit.

"Nothing.. What makes you think anythings wrong?" I say glancing at the wall. 

"Because you pull on your hair when your nervous, and you sighed a sad sigh, and you won't even look me in the eyes." He puts his fingers on the side of my chin and pulls my face towards him gently. I glance at his eyes and I cover my face when I feel myself about to cry. 

"Hey hey hey, don't cry Erin, it's okay shhh." He pulled me against his chest and held me there. I cry a little into my hands then wipe my eyes before talking.

"Why do you like me?" I ask pulling on his sweatshirt strings.

"I don't know, maybe it's because you see what I see. When I heard you singing my song, I was surprised, that's not a very popular song by us, so I was shocked hearing someone besides me singing it. I saw how shy you were and I was confused, I wanted to know why you were hiding behind a shell. I liked how different you were, And then I got to know you and you just seemed way too good to be true, way too perfect. Not to mention you were beautiful, but I mean, that was just a plus on a long list of reasons why I liked you so much. So I don't know, maybe it was the amazing that makes up you, or maybe it was that delicious smoothie sweet pea."

He winks at the last part and I pinch his chest making him grasp my hand. He pulls each of my fingers up till their straight. then he puts his against mine flat. His fingers were quite larger than mine, so he bent his fingertips over mine before sliding each of his fingers in between the spaces of mine, like the perfect piece to a puzzle unsolved. I smile and he leans in and kisses my lips. 

"I like you too." I say squeezing his hand. 

"I know." He says kissing my forehead. 

---------

Authors Note: Wooo! Third Chapter!! How do you guys like it so far? Leave messages for me below if you want :) You guys rock! 

Love you little dollies,

-Thewishfulpoet