Chapter 4- Free the Cheetah, She'll Run a Mile

"Hey sweetie, just wanted to tell you that your father and I will be stopping by Seattle for a few days and were wondering if you'd maybe wanna go get lunch with us and talk? We've missed you an awful lot." My mom says over the phone, sounding sad. 

"Yeah, i'd like that mom. I'm sorry for not contacting you guys more.. I've been really busy with work. and breaking rules with a famous guitar player...

"It's okay, it's just hard on us, you're our baby, our one and only child... and we miss you." 

"I know, I know... I am just preoccupied." I say sheepishly. 

"Have you been writing?" My mom says accusingly.

"Yes..." No...

"Good, i'm glad you still manage to have time for your future money-maker." 

"You make it sound like you're talking to a stripper about her bosoms." I say rolling my eyes at her choice of phrasing.

"Look who's talking? Bosoms? That is my little writer for ya, always using big and disturbingly awkward yet to-the-point words." 

"Sure mom sure, well i've gotta go, my shift starts soon." I say trying to escape this lie infested conversation before I let the truth slip accidently. 

"Alright well have fun, see you tomorrow! Bye for now!" 

Tomorrow?  

"Wait Mo" My voice is cut off by the dial tone signaling she hung up. Perfect. I stroll to my front door and go to grab my keys, only to notice the vacancy of their usual placement. Where did th- Damnit. I left them at work when I left with Corbin the other day. I don't wanna ask him for a ride but i'm going to be late. Well this is going to be lame of me. Waking up a probably exausted rock star and making him drive me to work. I never thought i'd ever use those words in a sentence. 

<text message> 

To: Corbin

From: Erin

Subject: RIDE NEEDED

Hey Corbin, i'd like a totally pathetic yet desperately huge favor of you. Could you pretty please give me a ride to work since i've seemingly left my car there along with my dignity. So what do ya say? A little lift for a probably soon-to-be fired gal like me? 

<End of text message>

I wait for a response impatiently, pacing back and forth, tempted to write another text when my phone buzzes. 

<text message> 

To: Erin

From: Corbin

Subject: Sweet Erin

Hello Erin, I appreciate you waking me up from a deep sleep with a subject as bold as RIDE NEEDED, however, I did take those words differently then intended and was sad when I found out the context was not the same as I thought. Yes, I, your knight in shining band-tees will give your highness a ride to her occupational hell. Aren't I a great guy? Be there in five. 

<End of text message>

I smile at his words but blush severly at what must've came to his mind instead. 

----------

Four. More. Hours. I think to myself, groaning at the boredom coursing through my veins. I run over to the computer on the poetry side in a spur of energy and turn on the first song that comes on the computer. Silly Me by Midnight Resistance. What a coincidence... Hmmm. I begin dancing to the pop-like melody and giggle at how silly I must look. I hear a noise of disgust and quickly turn the song off and hide my face, due to the embarrassment of dancing in front of a stranger. 

"I personally think that is our worst one, so clique, terrible honestly." Corbin. 

"Thank god it's you Corbin. I mean i'm still embarrassed for dancing in front of you like that, especially to one of your songs, but I feel much more comfortable knowing it's you." I say, quickly realizing how weird that sounded and hiding my eyes again.

"First, never be embarrassed around me, I like you. Two, never call that one of my songs, it's absolute shit and I will not have my name on it. Three, you really must like me huh?" He says the last part with a huge smirk on his face.  I slap his arm a little and bite my lip. He glances at my mouth and made a sound. A whimper? I don't know, all I know is it was sexy. I giggle at him.

"What?" He says frowning.

"You made a noise at me." I say giggling again.

"'And?" He says laughing a little himself.

"It was..... Sexy." I say, biting my lip again. He glances at my lips again and looks flustered.

"You don't wanna do that." He says looking like he's going to explode.

"Why is that?" I say tugging on his shirt, bottom lip between my teeth. He groans and leans back onto the counter a bit.

"I will not be able to control myself." He says trying to fight a battle with himself. I giggle and quickly place my lips on his neck, sucking on it. He groans again and tries to shove me away but I put my other hand on the back of his neck, keeping me in the same spot. Out of nowhere he flips us so i'm against the counter and he is against me. 

"Watch it, sweet cheeks, or you'll lose it quicker then you think." He says taking my bottom lip between his teeth. 

"Well well well, this is what you've been doing at work Erin! Screwing the customers? No wonder you are always working. Always begging for shifts." My boss walks up, me and Corbin separate immediately. Corbin steps near my boss and if looks could kill... 

"Excuse me, she is an amazing girl and should not be spoken to with such disrespect, now apologize." Corbin says stepping towards my boss, fists clenched. 

"I won't be apologizing to anyone actually." My boss says glancing at Corbin then laughing at me. 

"Yes... You are. Apologize. Now." Corbin says angrily. 

"Can I talk please? I QUIT! I am tired of working at a low paying, shit stick of a job that I hate! I am done here, I hate you, I hate Angie, i've lost my god damn mind and my poetry writing abilities by taking this horrible job. So thanks but no thanks sir, I will be leaving. Good riddence." I say shoving my ex-boss out of the way, grabbing my stuff and walking out the doors, finally breathing the fresh air. Finally... I think... I'm free. 

<text message> 

To: Corbin

From: Erin

Subject: Thank you

Thanks for what you said back there, meant a lot. Also, how do you know i'm a virgin? 

<End of text message>

I was about to press lock on my phone when a new appeared, Corbin. The text was a single winky face. 

What does that mean?