Chapter 20

I raise an eyebrow at Jason curious as to what he has to say.

"Well what is it."

"Well you see..."

He rubs the back of his head nervously before sighing.

"It's nothing."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah lets go."

On our way back home, I noticed Jason had a smug expression on his face. "Why are you so happy?" I turn his way awaiting his answer, but he shakes his head.

"It's nothing Christina, don't worry about it."

"Jason."

"Okay, I guess I'm just a little excited over the fact that Mr. Maxwell is on board with my project."

"Oh my god Jason that's amazing."

"Yeah it is but remember that you would benefit from all of this as well."

"Yeah I know, but I can tell that's not the only thing that has you smiling."

"Trust me Christina it is." I sigh and shrug my shoulder's letting go of the subject. I then remember the scene I walked into between Aiden and Jason. For some reason there seemed to be some tension in the air. I can't help but wonder what they were talking about.

"Hey Jason can I ask you a something?"

"Sure go right ahead," he said putting his phone down.

"When I found you and Aiden together, I sensed a bit of tension in the room. I just wanted to know what where you two talking about exactly?" Jason looked back down and avoided my eyes.

"We were just talking about the clothing line nothing more."

"Really?"

"Yeah why?"

"I don't know, it's just I sometimes get the feeling that you hate Aiden. You should really give him a chance, just like I gave you a chance Jason."

"Christina I don't have any problems with the kid, I just don't want to associate myself with him."

"Jason..."

"Look I don't tell you who to spend your time with so please don't tell me."

"I was just hoping you could get along with my boyfriend since we're friends but I won't pressure you." I look down and give Jason one of the sappiest faces I have ever given someone. He laughs and shakes his head in response.

"Oh my god do you really think you can break my resolve with that face." I frown and pout my lips a bit and give him some puppy dog eyes for added effect. He holds his stomach while laughing at me.

"Christina please stop I can't take much more." I stop with my silly faces and he regains his composure.

"All right if it would make you happy, I'll try to get along with him."

Jason can be immature at times, but at times has his moments. I'm happy his is willing to try to be cordial with Aiden for my sake.

"Thank you."

"No problem," he says. I notice the sparkle in his clear blue eyes, as we both stare at each other. The train pulls to a stop and we've arrived.

"Well we better get going." I break the intense eye contact we shared and get off the train. Jason and I hop into a waiting cab and head back home. We both sit in silence paying attention mostly to our phones, when it occurs to me that he hasn't told his mother about his clothing line.