Chapter 16

April turned around shocked to see Jason standing there. "Hi Jason when did you get here," she asked nervously.

"I've been around April; I never left the house today."

"Oh well I'm going to head on up to my bedroom. I'll see you guys later." April quickly ran up the stairs and closed her door. I walked into the kitchen to get some water as Jason followed behind me. He took a seat at the breakfast nook and I could feel his gaze on me.

"Can I help you," I say turning around.

"Not really," he replied with a smirk.

"Then why do you keep staring at me?"

"You still didn't answer my question."

"What question?"

"Christina let's not play games here okay. You know the exact question that I'm referring to."

"What that me and Aiden are a couple?"

"So it's true then?"

"Yes Jason it's my new reality."

Jason's started laughing to himself, "Are you sure you're making the right decision?"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing."

Jason got up and advanced towards me causing me to take a step back. When I eventually hit the wall, he put both his hands on either side of my head as he towered over me. I could feel my heartbeat quicken and the silence filling the room was beginning to become unbearable. Jason just continued to stare at me with those beautiful blue eyes of his. One of his hands then caressed my face causing me to gasp.

"Tell me Christina do you feel this way whenever Aiden comes around you?"

"Of course I do," I say with a labored breath. Jason cocks his head to one side and begins smiling at me. "What's wrong Christina am I making you uncomfortable?"

He is making uncomfortable and he seems to be enjoying my reaction. His face, the way his body is almost pressed up against mine is sending my body into a frenzy, and I hate myself for being affected by him like this.

"No you're not Jason," I say while ducking under his arm to put some space between us. "Besides why should you care about what goes on in my personal life you have Amanda remember?"

"What does Amanda have to do with any of this?"

"Well it seems that you two have gotten close lately."

Jason looked to the side with a huge smirk on his face, "I think you're reading too much into things, and if you're doing that then you must be jealous."

I immediately turned around and begin walking out of the kitchen.

"Oh come on Christina no goodbye?" I stop at the entrance, and calm myself. I can't let him think that I'm jealous of his little affair with Amanda. I turn around and face him with new-found confidence, which startles him.

"I'm sorry Jason but I will never be jealous of Amanda. I have way more self-respect, and would never lower myself to her standards."

Jason raised his eyebrows in surprise, and I walked up the stairs to my bedroom feeling content with how I had handled the situation. I decide to take a shower since I had a long day outside. While I dry my hair I get a text message. I pick up my phone to see that it was from Aiden

"Hey Christina you and April have a meeting with my father tomorrow at ten o'clock."

"Wow that was fast."