Chapter 6

Jason led me towards his sofa, where we both took a seat. I was a little uncomfortable over the fact that we were so close to each other which earned a grin from Jason.

"Relax Christina." He gave me a small smile and held my eyes briefly before I looked down at the ground.

I took a deep breath to calm my nerves as Jason turned on the TV. He lowered the volume so that we could hear each other clearly, before focusing back on me.

"So what do you want to know," I asked him.

"I want to know everything about you," he said with a genuine smile.

"Well I already told you that I was studying to become a doctor, but I love dancing as well."

"Really," he asked with a shocked expression.

"Yeah I love how my body sways to the beat of music, it's very relaxing." I looked away and began fidgeting with my fingers. I could feel a blush coming on as the heat rose in my cheeks.

"Did you take lessons growing up?"

"I did before my father passed away."

"I'm sorry Christina." Jason's face fell and I knew he was giving me the, "the look of pity," as I called it.

"No it's fine you didn't know."

"How old where you when he passed?"

"I was fourteen."

"That must have been tough for you to go to through, especially at a young age."

"It was, but my mother helped me get through the whole ordeal. That was the only time I got to see her frequently. I'm fine now though, thank you." Jason released a breath and looked like he didn't know where to go after that heavy topic. He ran his hands through his hair awkwardly before looking at me once more.

"What else do you like?"

"I love playing basketball, my favorite color is blue, and I have a best friend named Stacy from back home."

"Do you miss her?"

"Yeah I miss her, but it's fine because I plan on visiting her soon."

Jason gave me a huge smile which made me feel calm. "Can I ask you a personal question Christina?" I thought all these questions he was asking were personal, but I reluctantly agreed to his request.

"Sure."

"Back in the other room when you claimed to be shy, you said that you weren't a virgin and that the only other man who has seen your body is your ex-boyfriend from high school." I was taken aback by what he was saying and I shifted in place to ease my nervousness of where this conversation was going.

"Yeah what about it?"

"Why did you end it with him?"

"It's simple really I caught him cheating on me with a girl, who I thought was my best friend in his bedroom. I respect myself, so there was no way I was going to stay and take him back after that."

"Good for you, that guy was a fool for letting you go." I blushed a bit and heard him chuckle at my embarrassment. Even though I felt awkward, Jason made me feel somewhat at ease with his words. His voice was calming and I could listen to him talk all day.

"Enough about me Jason tell me more about you." I shoved his arm playfully as he bit back a smile.

"What more is there to say, my life is an open book I have no privacy."

"Yeah I know that but are those stories true?"

"Which stories?"

"You know the one about you being a playboy/man whore all over town."