Chapter 5

In the morning, I got up and got ready for work. I decided to pin my hair up in a high ponytail today since my mother always told me my hair was beautiful when it was pinned up. Once I was dressed and ready for work, I left my room and walked down to the supply room. I got the necessary cleaning supplies needed for my tasks, and walked into Mrs. Anderson's office, to find her working at her desk.

"Oh I'm sorry Mrs. Anderson I had no idea that you would be here." She looked up to meet my eyes and smiled politely at me. "There's no need to worry, I just came in to get a couple of files," she says shuffling around the papers on her desk. She took a moment to look up and observe me. "Your hair looks pretty today, do you have any plans?"

"Yeah I actually wanted to go see my mother after I'm done here."

"That's right, how about you go after you tidy up the office. My room and bathroom are clean enough I wasn't here yesterday."

"Thank you Mrs. Anderson."

"Please dear call me Gloria; you make me feel old when you call me Mrs. Anderson."

"Sure no problem Gloria," I say with a smile.

She smiles back at me before finding the file she was searching for. "Got it, okay I'll be leaving now. Please say hello to your mother for me." I nod my head and begin cleaning. I organize the papers left on the desk, and see some sketches for her new designs. I place them in a folder and finish dusting the room. I head back upstairs to change my clothes. I put on a pair of jeans and a tank top with a leather jacket. I walk back downstairs and find April in the kitchen making breakfast, and singing.

"Well someone is in a good mood." April knocks the flour onto the counter and holds her hand to her chest. "Oh Christina please don't startle me like that."

I laugh before sitting down, "Why are you so happy this morning?"

"I still can't believe I can call Jason by his first name now."

"April it's not a big deal."

"Yes it is Christina. Jason and I are a step closer to each other now and I love that feeling."

"Wow you really like him." Her face turns crimson red, when Jason walks into the room.

"Something smells good," he said while eyeing the both of us suspiciously. We both made sure not to make eye contact with him.

"God you girls are quiet, you two were talking about me again weren't you?"

"No," we both say in unison, earning a laugh from Jason.

"Its fine really I'm just glad I'm on your minds all the time," he said throwing me a wink.

I gave him a glare before he looked away. "So April what's on the menu?"

"Pancakes, eggs, bacon, and French toast," she said with a big smile.

"You are a goddess, you know that." April blushed and I couldn't help but roll my eyes. Jason saw me and turned his attention back to me. "So why are you all dressed up this morning?"

"I'm going to visit my mother."

"Oh that's good; she must be lonely in that place.

"Yeah I figured I'd bring her some of her favorite foods. Is there a restaurant around here that she fancied?"

"I'm not sure but there's a restaurant near the hospice she's staying at, I hear they have really good Latin food."

"Thanks I'll try it out." I grab a piece of French toast for the road, "bye you guys I'll see you later."