Chapter 14

Jason paused and took a step back from me. His eyes were searching mine as if to confirm whether or not I had been telling the truth.

"Jason..."

Jason turned his back to me and walked towards one of his dresses putting some distance between us. I could tell his shoulders were tense but he relaxed them slightly. 

"What was your response?" He looked back at me coldly the heat and warmth in his eyes now gone.

"I didn't give him one yet, he told me to think about it."

"Okay, so why are you telling me this." He walks over towards his desk and sits down.

"I don't really know," I say nervously. Jason was right...why am I tell him this? We aren't in a relationship and yet for some strange reason I feel as if I've hurt him. 

"Christina look, I'm not a girl whom you can discuss your inner personal feelings with, that's why you have April. Shouldn't you be having this conversation with her instead of me?"

I was confused as to how he could just change so quickly. A second ago he was ready to tear off my clothes and now he's acting completely indifferent towards me. It's almost as if he had shut down the minute I told him about Aiden.

"Yeah I guess you're right. Let's just forget I mentioned anything and get back to work."

Jason nods his head, and shows me the rest of his collection. I tried on all the dresses and Jason made his necessary notes about what he'd like to change about each of them before we finally finished. He sat down and sighed in relief as a small smile formed on his mouth.

"Looks like they all fit you quite nicely."

"So when's the launch exactly?"

"Not sure I wasn't expecting you to be ready to try on the dresses so I had postponed the launch. I'll have to talk with my team tomorrow. I can't thank you enough for this."

"It's not a problem Jason really that's what friends are for." Jason walked over to give me a hug. The hug was warm like Aiden's, however it felt different. My body started becoming hot, and when Jason finally pulled away from me I froze. I got lost in his eyes once more. I felt my eyes slowly gravitate to his lips before he suddenly cleared his throat, which caused me to slip out of my trance.

"Christina are you alright?"

"Yeah I'm fine." I stuttered and released my arms from around Jason before awkwardly making my way towards his room door. "Anyway I better get going its late, goodnight Jason."

"Goodnight," he said with a pleasant smile.

When I got back to my room, I flopped on my bed and buried my face in my pillow. I was beyond confused. Aiden was such a nice guy, but I can't help but feel something for Jason. I roll over and look up at my ceiling.

"Mama if you're watching over me, please give me a sign as to what I should do. I know you told me not to get involved with Gloria's son and I know I'm breaking that promise I gave you but I can't quite shake this weird feeling I have for him. If you are listening my angel please give me a sign." I sighed as I looked up at the ceiling before turning off the lights  and going to sleep. 

In the morning I am greeted by  April, who comes barging into my room waking me up.

"Christina wake up, wake up," she says bouncing up and down."

"What is it April why are you so happy?"

"Didn't you get Aiden's text?"

"No," I say while looking for my phone.