Silver Tears.

Moments...

This is one.

This right here, right now,

is definitely a moment.

I awoke with a smile on my face in a different atmosphere to before, with my arm stretched over a toned tanned body. I peered over and looked at the time noticing it was 10:30am, I was suppose to be back by 11 as the nurse was coming over. I sat up quickly and looked at Beau, watching his face so blank and calm. I slowly tried to move his arms off me but he just held me tighter, I gave up and tried to wiggle away from him.

"What's the time?" He let out a grunt.

"10:30, I need to go." I said, pulling my clothes on quickly.

"The nurse is suppose to be over at yours at 11, isn't she?" He said, getting up and pulling on a clean top.

"You remembered?" I was shocked he still remembered when I told him last week.

"Of course I have! I wouldn't forget anything that's important to you." He said, giving me a smile.

I couldn't help but smile at the fact he had remembered, he always seemed to know the exact dates and time when I had the appointment at the hospital or doctors, or when the nurse was going to come round to mine. He had never ever missed an appointment, and had always made sure he was there to hold my hand.

We reached his car and he held the door open for me to get in.

"Why do you do that?" I asked.

"Do what?" He asked as he sat into the drivers seat.

"Hold the car door open for me?"

"Because you're the most important person in my life right now." He says looking into my eyes.

The silence held for a few seconds, leaving us smiling at each other. His lips pressed against mine and everything felt so warm and fuzzy inside my stomach, I finally found something I wanted to hold onto forever but sadly it wasn't going to last as long as I wanted to. It had just began and it was soon going to end shortly.

******

We arrived at my house, just as Beau parked up I felt my nose fill with dampness. This can't happen right now, please don't happen. A small drop of blood fell from my nose, I panicked and turned away brushing the blood away from my hand which smudged into a yellow line.

"Let's go see this nurse then." Beau said, turning the key and shutting the roaring engine off.

"Erm, yeah.." I said, turning to him.

He gasped in shock, and climbed out the car so quickly it was like he teleported next to the open car door beside me.

"We need to get you in, right now." He says, carrying me like a little kid in his arms.

"Beau, I'm fin.."

"No you're not, you're bleeding out!" He said cutting up my words and not letting me finish.

We reached the door and Beau tried to turn the handle, it was locked. No one was in, but why? Beau reached for his keys and unlocked it using one hand. He had a spare key incase anything happened or he needed to collect anything for me when I was in hospital. He sat me on the modern dinning room chair.

"What do you need?" He shouted as he ran up the stairs to get a towel.

"Peas. Frozen peas." I say, holding my hand over my nose.

He rushed down the stairs and handed me the towel. He opened the freezer door and examined the contents of the draws looking for frozen peas.

He grabbed the frozen sweetcorn and wrapped it in a kitchen towel.

"There's no peas, so sweetcorn should be alright, yeah?" He asked passing it to me.

"Thank you." I said, as I watched his face startled.

He reached for his phone and phoned an ambulance. He was panicking I could tell, he paced up and down and every so often stopping and looking at me.

"Thank you." He said as he finished on the phone.

"They won't be long, I promise."

He bent down onto his knees and looked me in the eyes.

"You're going to be alright, I promise you." He said as he gave me a reasurring smile.

****

Here I am again, surrounded by the white walls with the nurses and doctors lingering around me.

"Was there any signs of thrombocytopenia before today?"

"No."

"Has she complained of a headache? Have you noticed any pinprick bruising?"

"Erm, no."

"Aspirin products? Bonjela? Teejel? Anti-inflammatories?"

"No, none of those. No."

"Good.

"Now I'm afraid we're going to need to cauterize your nose. Have you been cauterized before?"

"Yes, she has."

"Okay. We'll check your platelets, and then you're going to need at least a couple of units. A rough night, but you'll be back home tomorrow."

******

"They said it was a posterior nosebleed, the...You know, the bad kind. They had to pack her nose with vaso..."

"Vasoconstrictive?" Mum asked.

"Yeah, that vasoconstrictive agents? And before they transfused in two units, they did a platelet count."

"And?"

"Erm, stable." Beau said, looking exhausted.