Why? I dont know.

"It's 6:45am, and it looks nice outside today. It's radio 1.." I rolled over and turned my alarm off. I laid there and listened to the music playing downstairs. I sat up, rubbed my eyes and looked in my mirror opposite me.

"Morning panda eyes, coming down for breakfast?"

"What are you doing here?" I said turning to face my auntie.

"Oh, nice to see you to." She laughed, as she walked out my room.

I got up and opened my curtains, the sun was shining brightly through the window, as I squinted my eyes. I walked to the bathroom and washed my face, wiping away the makeup from yesterday night.

"Breakfast is on the table!" Auntie Claire shouted up.

"Okay, be down in a few minutes!" I shouted back, smiling.

******

I walked up the stairs with my cup of tea, and went into my room. I sat in my soft chair, and started to do my makeup for school. Everything seemed quiet and I knew mum and Kirsty wasn't here. But where did they go?

"You alright love? You were quiet at the table." Claire said to me as she closed my door behind her.

"Er, yeah. I'm fine..where's mum and Kirsty?" I say confused.

"They have gone on a 'small holiday'" she says, and she indicated the ' with her fingers.

"Oh. Nice to be told." I said annoyed.

As soon as my bedroom door closed after Claire had left, a tear went down my cheek. I couldn't believe they had gone and not even bothered to tell me. I finished getting ready and got changed into my uniform. I straightened my hair, and then made my bed. My phone vibrated as I received a text message.

To Kate;

Heeey, guess what day it is!

It's the last day till the half term! Eeek! X

From Mikayla

I let out a little giggle and replied to Mikayla.

To Mikayla;

Hahaa! I might be able to go to the mall

with you! Meet at the park in 15minutes X

From Kate

I rushed over and grabbed my school bag off my wooden bedroom flooring, and grabbed my books off my bedside table, which I shoved into my bag. I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen, dumping my bag on the kitchen table.

"Careful love, you'll slip next time!" Claire said as she was wiping the kitchen counter down.

"Whatever, I'm going anyway." I say as I slip on my shoes.

"Okay love, do you want me to pick you up after school?" She asks.

"Erm, okay. Sure." I say, rushing out the door.

******

I had told Mikayla everything that had happened yesterday night, while we walked down the corridor, and stood outside our class.

"Harry keeps looking at you." Mikayla says smirking.

"No he doesn't! I say, blushing.

"Ooooh, Kate!" Mikayla says loud and laughs.

I go red and look down at my feet. Brilliant, she's embarrassed me again. We giggle as we step into class, and take our seats. I take out my books to realise I had forgotten one of the textbooks we need.