Unlucky life.

I couldn't believe my eyes, it was my mum. Her long brown hair hung above her stomach, with her red as roses lipstick on. She looked different, very different. We stood staring at each other, until she broke the silence with her gentle voice,

"Kate? Where are you going?" She said looking confused.

I couldn't get my words out and just blurted out random words,

"Holiday. Janoskians. I." I gave up trying to explain and gripped my suitcase handle.

"You can't go, I've just got back." She said, shaking her head trying to hold my hand.

I pushed her hand away, and pushed past her with Mikayla. I glared back at my mum and said to her,

"Yeah? Well you didn't even tell me you were going, did you? No. So bye." We gave our cases to the taxi driver as he placed them into the car boot. We opened the black door and waved back to my auntie.

"Mum, how come she gets to go? That's not fair!" Kirsty whined at mum.

"Urgh, just be quiet for once will you!" Mum shouted at her, as she ran out to her car getting into it.

"Where are you going?!" My auntie shouted over the roaring engine.

"I'm going to bring her home!" She shouted back to her.

I looked out the window as the rain tapped and the wind danced around the car, making me shiver with coldness.

"That was..unexpected." Mikayla said to me, staring into my glassy eyes.

"Erm, yeah. Guess so." I said nodding.

"Well, on the bright side we get to meet the janoskians, aye?" She said smiling, trying to forget about what had happened.

"Yeah! I'm so excited but nervous too." I said smiling back.

Throughout the journey we discussed what we'd say to the boys, and what we'd do each day like going to the beach and shopping. We were so excited. After a couple of hours we started to get hungry so we pulled out our bright coloured lunch boxes, as I opened my bright shiny orange flower like lid of my lunchbox, there was a note. A note to me from my auntie, it was written on a nice non-crinkled white paper, with a little picture of a handbag in the top right corner.

To Kate,

I know you're going for a couple of days, but please keep safe. Your mum left because she couldn't handle living a lie to you. When you get back I'll explain everything to you. I promise. Just have a good time and make sure you bring back a present for me! Your mum loves you dearly just remember that.

Love Auntie Claire xx

A tear fell from my eye, followed by thousands more. I knew something wasn't right, but I knew I had to put a smile on my face and be happy. Especially for this week. I stared out the window until I felt sure I wasn't going to cry again. The roads were filled up with different coloured cars and puddles drowning the roads. The atmosphere was filled with noises of cars beeping and ragging drivers. I grabbed my crisps and opened them, letting the smell of cheese and onion fill the car with the strong scent. As I swallowed one it wrapped itself around my throat making me choke and cough. I panicked as I grabbed my water, swallowing the cold liquid to soften my throat.

"Hey, you okay?" Mikayla asks looking worried.

"Y..yeah." I managed to say.

Mikayla turned and faced the window fascinated with the miserable view. Just half an hour until we get to the airport and on the plane. I was excited and nervous at the same time, what if I say something or do something wrong? I stared out of my window into the sidemirror looking at the giant red truck behind us. We suddenly stopped, joining the other vehicles in the line of traffic.