Epilogue

"Wake up, Belle," A voice whispered in my ear. I groaned and covered my face with my pillow.

"Five more minutes," I shifted in my bed.

"Isabelle," the sweet voice turned deadly. "It's noon and you're getting crowned as queen of Callia in two hours." My eyes flew open.

"What?!"

"Finally," Alex blew a strand of hair off her face. "Everything's ready. The throne, the food for the afterparty..."

I rolled off the bed, quite literally, and landed on the floor. I scrambled up and rushed to the bathroom. Staring into my mirror, I can't actually believe I was going to be a queen at 16. Well, 116, but what's a hundred years to a sleeping beauty without the beauty, eh?

Wearing my silver satin robe, I exited the bathroom and grinned at the breakfast on a tray beside my bed. I ate the eggs, bacon, toast, and jam. I almost spilled my milk when my door opened a dog ran in.

Wait.

A dog?!

"Oh my God," I set the food down and picked the puppy up.

"Wha - Who is this?" I looked up at my doorway. Carter, Alex, Cora, Anthony, and Olivia crowded around my bedroom.

"That's Venus, Vee for short," Olivia jumped up and down. I petted Venus's fluffy brown fur. "She's just two years old."

"Whose is she?" Venus licked my face and I laughed.

"Yours," they exclaimed. My jaw dropped.

"Mine? Really? Wow." The Pomeranian nuzzled against me as if saying, I like you.

"It's our thank you gift," Anthony explained. "For everything you've done for us."

"For defending me," Alex smiled.

"For brightening my life," Carter winked.

"For saving my life," Cora shyly murmured.

"For saving me from a marriage," Anthony chuckled.

"For being a friend," Olivia concluded, throwing her hands up in the air. Everyone laughed.

The puppy ran in circles wagging its tail and barking happily.

"Thank you guys," I replied. "Really."

"We're going to watch you getting crowned, Isabelle," Cora said. "It's starting soon."

"Yeah," I nodded. "I think I'm ready."

*

I took a deep breath. Here goes, I thought. Spinning around to face the full-length mirror, I inspected myself.

For the coronation, I was told to wear a simple, full-length white gown with a four-foot train. It's a miracle I haven't tripped yet. It was strapless and had crystals scattered on it. My hair was pinned up in an elaborate updo and I wore a pretty little diamond necklace. Finishing it off, I strapped on my white heels.

I looked like a snowflake, what with the dress making me even paler.

The coronation was to be held in the throne room, with select guests, but I still had to walk down the drawbridge for Callia to see.

My own spaceship-phone thing, the one that projects the person wanting to talk to you, beeped and blinked on my nightstand. I pressed the answer button. Marie-Hale's hologram appeared.

"Isabelle," she smiled. "It's time."

The pod beeped off. I dusted off my dress and walked out the door.

A servant dressed in his finest black and gold clothes escorted me into the throne room. There was a red carpet leading to the throne. Beside it stood Marie-Hale, in a simple off-the-shoulder pale blue gown. She was wearing the Queen's crown.

I walked slowly towards the throne, focusing on not tripping. A soft, regal tune played as a background. As I reached Marie-Hale, she turned to face me, and I did the same.

This is it. I wandered into this new world with nothing and no one but myself. I was thrust into a life I certainly could not have handled without just bearing with it, having faith, being strong and powering through. I've done things nobody has ever done. I've done things that would make my family proud. I've saved innocent lives. I've restored justice and peace. I have restored spring and brought the light.

Saying the ceremonial words, Marie-Hale took the crown off her head and gestured for me to sit on the throne. Unable to resist smiling, I sat down. Marie-Hale set the crown upon my head and stepped back.

"Our first coronation in centuries!" She declared. People chuckled good-naturedly. I accepted the newly-made scepter that was handed to me and stood up. As I walked the carpet, people clapped and cheered.

I reached the drawbridge. It was lowered, and beyond were hundreds, maybe thousands of people. Callians. Araisans. I closed my eyes, still not quite believing the sight. Every single person was bowing down to me. Something that I could never have even imagined at all. Was I terrified as hell? Yes. Will I mess up my duties as queen? Probably. Am I proud of myself and everything I've done? Am I fit to be queen? Yes. I believe so.

"Behold," Marie-Hale's voice, magnified by a microphone, boomed through the air. "Isabelle Hunter, Queen of Callia."

I finally opened my eyes. It was time to accept who I was, who I didn't think I ever wanted to be but am. It was time to accept whatever things life throws at me and make the best of it.

I am Isabelle Hunter, and I am the Queen of Callia.

THE END (for real now)

________

I have no words. thank you. I hope you were able to bear my very broken updating schedule. and i hope you stuck by my half-assed crap story which was written in a span of two-three years.

I don't think we'll be seeing these people anymore, but I do think the ending was satisfying for me. if you have any questions, just ask!

+ Check out my other ongoing works, Midnight Moonlight, which is a collection of poems and stories, and Stripes, another short story about two best friends meeting each other after a few years, with so much complications.

The Ice Princess © 2012-who tf knows tbh idk i wrote this for like four years AnastasiaDeveraux