Chapter 7

Hey. It's been a while....and I have absolutely no plan to plan a schedule for writing. No, it's not writer's block. I'm very lazy most times.

IT'S SUMMER!!! FINALLY!!!

Song Isabelle will sing later is The Way I Loved You by the beautiful Taylor Swift.

______________________________

I awoke to birds chirping in the distance. I rubbed my eyes, smiling at the peacefulness. Then I realized, "The date!"

I hit the button to call on Alex, and she came running through the door.

She saw my face and smirked. "Oh look, Sleeping Beauty's up. Your date's in two hours. It's late. Just saying. The queen left, she'll be back at seven tonight. What else? Oh, and Carter's awake too."

I shot out of bed as Alex said "Go! Take a shower...make yourself clean and fresh!"

"You're so cool." I hugged her.

"I know!" She grimaced playfully as she sniffed me. "Blech! Get rid of that scent, girl."

I stuck my tongue out and headed to the shower. I cleaned myself up the best I could and put on a robe.

I sat down on my dresser's chair and Alex picked out some makeup.

She said, "My mother was the queen's makeup artist and stylist so..."

Alex put on light foundation and concealer, a soft rose-and-gold combination eyeshadow, and some pink blush and lipgloss.

When Alex finished the makeup, I hardly recognized myself.

"There...perfect." She smiled.

She blow-dried my hair and French-braided it. As a finishing touch, she put a small candy-cane striped bow clip at the end of the braid.

I smiled at the cute and playful appearance. "Thank you," I faced Alex. "This is why I love you!"

She winked. "Go. Get dressed. Then let's see."

I put on the ensemble and pirouetted in front of Alex. "Beautiful." She complimented me.

She looked at the clock beside my dresser. 12:38. "22 minutes. Breathe."

I took a few deep breaths to calm myself. I closed my eyes and said, "Anytime now, Carter, oh so beautiful Carter, is going to show up, his gorgeous features smiling at me. He'll look at me with those breathtaking eyes and-"

My eyes snapped open at the sound of laughter. Alex was still here. Oops.

"That was..." -snort, chortle- "so bloody..." -chuckle, giggle- "hilarious!"

I couldn't help but laugh with her. So we just sat there, laughing, fueled by the other for quite a long time.

The laughter finally ceased to a few giggles. The doorbell rang, and I froze up.

"Come on," Alex grabbed my shoulders. "You can do this. I know you can. I believe in you. You're a princess. This is just a date."

I hugged her again. "Thank you."

I stood up and mustered all my courage. Alex flashed me a thumbs up. I opened the door. Carter stood there in his black jeans, a plain white V-neck, and gray jacket, and paisley scarf.

He gave me a once-over and smiled appreciatively.

"Hey," I tried to act casual. I heard Alex snicker behind me, in my room. I gave her a warning signal behind my back and she stopped snickering.