Chapter 16

"Can you shoot at that pillow over there?" I asked Olivia. Anthony had placed a pillow in the area of the clearing where there was few trees, so a forest fire wouldn't occur.

"Okay," she concentrated and summoned fire into her hand. She aimed for the pillow, and a burst of fire hit the ground next to it. I put it out by covering the fire with mounds of ice.

"Close enough," Anthony chuckled. Olivia bit her lip in disappointment.

"It's okay," I comforted her. Olivia's frustration showed. We've been at this for more than an hour now. I was afraid that Devora had reached Marie-Hale already.

Once more, Olivia took aim at the pillow and fired. Literally. She set the pillow alight and the three of us cheered.

"Great job!" I hugged her.

"Um...Isabelle," Anthony said. "The...um...fire?"

"Oh, right." I put out the fire. "Now that you've attained the power of fire, we can combine our magic and maybe it will lead us to the third powerful being!"

Olivia threw her hands up. "Awesome!"

*

We left Blackleap Forest quickly, finding a map of a shortcut from the cottage.

Once we got back to Callia, dusk was falling. I felt uneasy. Thunder rumbled in the sky, and I glanced at the castle.

"Oh, no." Dozens of guards were entering the castle, dressed for battle. They're going inside to receive orders from the queen, I thought.

"Isabelle!" I turned around.

"Carter! Alex!" I greeted them both. "What happened?"

"We just finished warning the kingdoms. It took a lot of persuasion. They didn't believe us, but at last, we got them believing." Carter informed us.

"Well? Who took our side?" Anthony asked.

"Deston did," Alex said. "Your parents, Anthony, wanted to confront Queen Marie-Hale, but I told him that it would be much more beneficial if he just rallied his forces for battle." She glanced at Olivia. "Also, they told me, quite frantically, that Princess Olivia ran away. I had to lie that she was with you guys...and apparently, she is."

"Yeah, well..." We explained everything about Olivia. Her powers and all.

"Wow," they commented.

"Who else?" I demanded.

"Callia, duh," Carter said. "And also, Natividas."

"So Resme, Brial, and Opah are on the evil side." Anthony concluded.

"You could say that."

I explained that we had to find the last powerful being to help us defeat the forces of Marie-Hale and Devora. I told them that we couldn't split up, since in order to find him or her, Olivia and I need to feel that power.

We blindly found our way around Callia, following the gut feeling I also got from noticing Olivia's powers. Once it was extremely strong, we stopped.

"We're very close," Olivia whispered. "I can feel it like somewhere in my stomach."

"Me too," I agreed. We had stopped near the place where I was frozen in the block of ice. The problem was, there was no dwelling or any people there.

"I don't get it," I complained. "There's no one - Oh my God." My eyes went wide and my jaw went slack.

"You get it?" Alex inquired.

"Yes!" My hand flew to my mouth. The first time I was here, I met a girl. Maybe it's her!