chapter 16 the end

Chapter 16

I felt so much better now I had accepted Bella's death and I couldn't bring her back so the only alternative left for us to be together would be my death easier said than done us vampires aren't easily killed off however I planned to ask Aro to end my life for me I knew it was a long shot but I had to try. I needed to be back with Bella either in life or In death. Carlisle believed we had souls and would go to heaven in the the end I didn't believe in heaven for us immortals but hoped and prayed I was wrong so I could see my beautiful Bella again even if I was right I couldn't live without her I was irreversibly changed by my love for Bella I couldn't go back to being alone.

I had spent the last few months being nothing doing nothing at least now I was doing something I was headed to my Bella I was headed HOME.

I arrived in Volterra and found a hotel with a spare room odd that as Volterra was celebrating Saint Marcus weekend ha it made me laugh Marcus had supposed rid Volterra of vampires he was one for god's sake and he still lived here in Volterra hidden of course we wouldn't want to course confusion now would we. I settled into my room as best I could I had no belongings and to be honest I didn't care what I looked like the end was near for me now the pain had subsided I was almost joyous one way or another I was to be reunited in heaven with my Bella. I waited until dusk before I headed to see Aro and the Volturi. Volterra place seemed bigger than I remembered I wandered the streets I loved these old Italian streets so lovely for the place I would find them. I walked in shocked to find a human on reception I managed to get her name it was Gianna and she gestured for me to carry on along the corridor I felt uneasy now I was here would they give me what I wanted so badly? A lady in a black cloak headed towards me I noticed her red eyes instantly. "EDWARD" "Hello Jane how lovely to see you again" "Aro sent me to find out why its taken you so long to arrive" I followed her she was a sad excuse of a vampire but her pain skill would be very advantageous to the Volturi she would simply be too valuable to get rid off so they would put up with her.

"EDWARD MY FRIEND" Aro cooed like an old friend, to be honest, I think we only have met once twice at the most "Aro" I responded with a quick nod of the head "Dearest Edward how is my old friend Carlisle?" I really didn't want to waste time on idle chit chat but I wanted Aro on my side and maybe I only had minutes left I didn't know oh how I missed the future telling pixie at moments like this. "Aro Carlisle is very well he is practising at a hospital in forks now and is very happy there" "well that's perfect isn't it I never thought he would survive on his fad diet but im so pleased he proved me wrong Edward Carlisle is a good man he taught you well so would it be rude of me to enquire as to why you have delighted us with the surprise visit Edward?" oh well here goes nothing "Aro, I fell in love hard for a human girl Bella and she is the most perfect woman in the world she knew what I was and she loved me anyway well Aro im sorry but I love her so much it hurt me to see her pained by the vampire world too many times had her life been risked by me being this so I stupidly decided I could leave her to a normal life with no vampires but for the last six months I have been a fool I couldn't live without her I was on the edge I have lasted five or six months Aro but I was on my way back to beg on my knees if necessary for her to take me back but while I dithered she committed suicide and now im truly alone and I simply cant go on my dead hearts broken and I need you to end my life for me Aro infact im begging you I cant be alive if that's what we are without her please grant me this one thing I have never caused your wrath against me I have always been good but help me now I beg you" Aro just stared at me I knew he didn't know what to say" he walked back to Marcus and Caius and I heard them say they needed to talk alone about this "my dear child" Aro started could he be any more condescending. He began again "we will call for you when we have discussed this my child go now let us talk and thank you for visiting us we rarely get visits from our friends".