chapter 12

Chapter 12

No longer was I chasing her thoughts now all I had to go on was her scent and it was strong and all over the place I guess she was trying to lose me because her trail made no sense it was in circles very hard to follow and to be honest disheartening. I slowed down to concentrate more and found her scent was weak in some places but very strong near the airport so I waited until nightfall and entered the airport. It was very bright inside I followed her scent up the escalators and upstairs and to every check-in point I was sure this was a charade to confuse me and it worked but I couldn't help shake the feeling that she hadn't taken a plane anywhere but that she had somehow escaped whilst masking her scent but before I gave up I circled the airport for a few days checking for the slightest bit of her scent .

Nothing DAMN Victoria I couldn't catch a hint of her scent apart from where I had followed her in and I couldn't hear her thoughts. I decided to give up, well here anyway. I headed in the general direction of forks I didn't want to get close to forks but just wanted to see if her smell was anywhere near my Bella god help her if she got near Bella. I hadn't moved that far from the airport when I got a strange feeling I was wrong there was something I had missed in the airport something small that I should have grasped of course her scent would be stronger in the check-ins where she had gone in and come back out but if she had gone through to an actual plane it would be weaker and I should be able to follow her scent out to the runway.

It was still light outside so I decided to hunt before I went back to the airport. I found a small herd of elk there were five then there were two. It was starting to get dark so I strolled casually into the airport it was much busier than it was the other night I kinda had to push my way through which is hard when you're trying not to make physical contact. I had to queue at most of the check-ins this time to gauge her scent this wasn't so bad until the rather large gentleman in front of me was scoffing some kind of sub with meatballs hanging out and dripping down his shirt the stench caused me to hold my breath as it was so repulsive no scrap that he was repulsive he was constantly going on at his wife about when he would get to eat on the plane and how long would they be on the plane for. Eventually, I got to the front of the queue and made up some excuse why I had to go back. I did this for every check-in and there were lots here maybe twenty and I was right one stood out as being weak scent wise compared to the others so I headed off to the information desk.

Her thoughts were loud *humph I finish in 20 minutes maybe he would like to come back to my place oh yes please* "hi" I used my voice that I use to dazzle Bella. "check-in 13 where does that fly too" "Brazil most days although when we are busy other flights may use it" oh yes Brazil I would never have thought of tracking her there. "can I buy an open return flight to Brazil please and when does the next one leave?" "oh erm yeah of course" I got out my card without asking the amount and she politely told me if I could go straight across they would hold the current flight and didn't stop to thank her I just made my way swiftly across the airport.