chapter 10

Chapter 10

I waited perfectly still waiting to catch her scent again or hear her "voice" nothing I had a thought and grabbed my phone and text Alice telling her to take my car back. Message sent then my phone died great I haven't got a charger on me nor do I know when I will get to one and Alice will go crazy if she cant contact me. Wow I caught the the scent and got right on it going fast even for me she wasn't going to get away from me never again would she taint humanity by drinking their blood killing innocent people not that I was chasing her for that I wanted to make sure she didn't bother me or Bella again oh MY BELLA why did I think of her but it had the opposite effect to what I thought it pushed me forward make me work harder.

C'mon Cullen catch me if you can. Victoria was taunting me but I had seen her true depression over James death and I did feel bad over that but not over killing James it was him or us so it ended up being us who survived. I realised I had been chasing her for weeks through the forests and countryside I wondered to myself where I was when I caught another scent one I knew so well her blood was so sweet to me I must be near forks but I didn't recognise my surroundings where on earth was I? Then the realisation hit me it was bright very bright in fact it was glorious the kind of weather my Bella would approve off of course I was in Phoenix. I followed Bellas scent it was old faded washed out but I suppose I knew it too well the scent led me to a house it was getting late by the time I arrived, her luscious smell was strong here like she could be inside. All thoughts of Victoria left my head as I decided it was time to face Bella and beg forgiveness. As I knocked on the door I listened but could hear no thoughts coming from inside I also realised there were no lights on of course Renee was in Florida but was Bella here I waited anxiously waiting for my rue love my mate then it hit me I hadn't seen Bella in months was she with somebody else was she even here or was she still in forks ? So many questions filled my head my dearest Bella I knew I couldn't say away any longer if she wasn't here then I would go back to forks.

Nobody answered so I looked around and found the spare key underneath an ornament so I went in. It was strange Bella had described all this to me when we first met the house was exactly how she had described I went into the first room I came too and sat down I thought I would wait for Bella I was convinced she was staying here her scent was so strong I lapped it up so long I had been without it. I must have sat there all night when I realised she wasn't here. I walked around the room looking at pictures of Bella as a child, school photos and also a ballet picture she looked so cute and above the fireplace was a big picture of Bella and Renee it was a natural unposed picture they looked like they were play fighting almost hugging both with the biggest smiles I loved this picture I stared at it for hours. There were some birthday and mothers days cards made by a very young Bella on the sideboard. I loved this like I could see another part of my Bella. Another picture showed Renee and Phil I had never seen Phil before and yes she looked a lot younger than Renee but she looked so happy wrapped in his arms.