chapter 11

Chapter 11

I spent another day wandering around downstairs of Bellas home in phoenix I felt at peace here I had looked in drawers and found photo albums and old mementoes I felt close to her somehow, every so often I thought about finding her room but I just couldn't find the courage to make it up to the stairs. I sat in her kitchen looking out of the back window which overlooked sparse desert land I suppose you would call it, it wasn't something I'm familiar with but I was glad because it meant I could just sit here without worrying that somebody might see me and I knew this land was what my Bella dreamt of when she first arrived in forks. I had been here 2 days and heard no thoughts but now some were coming through loud and clear I made my escape up the stairs. I could have sworn id locked this door last week Renee will be mad never mind the place hasn't been burgled I'm fine. She left as quick as she came but now I found myself in front of a door with a pretty fairy sign ISABELLA'S ROOM. I stood outside Bella's room for what seemed like an eternity the raging war inside my head trying to decide if I should go in or just leave.

I opened the door slightly and her scent assaulted me it was so strong stronger than her room in forks for a moment it paralysed me. I drank in her scent I let it wash over me as I walked fully into the room. I noticed the stark contrast between this room and her room in forks Bella had so much stuff here but so much storage it was organised and bright the room was peaches and cream very Bella very light and airy I felt Bella here. Her old school books and textbooks were on her drawers and some CDs left out on the top were bands I couldn't imagine Bella listening too. I laid on her bed and revelled in the pure heavenly scent when I looked to the side of me I saw an iPod charger and knew I would fit my phone so I plugged it in I was shocked when only 1 text showed up from Alice SURE I couldn't think what I had texted her to respond that way so I just laid back on the bed and pondered it until I remembered my car I asked Alice to take it back.

How long had I been in phoenix I wasn't sure I wasn't even sure what had brought me here I just knew I could stay here being in this house I felt close to her. I must have been deep in my thoughts when the phone rang downstairs and the answering machine kicked in " hi mom its Bella when you pick your messages up call me it's kinda important but don't panic. Love you" now I was flustered should I run back to forks should I jump on a plane? My thoughts weren't coherent I didn't know what to do. After a while I went to Bellas closet and looked inside I had only ever seen Bella in warm winter clothes and in this wardrobe were skimpy tops and shorts and though I tried I just couldn't see Bella wearing any of them.

I started to get flickers of Victoria thoughts again she must know Id stopped chasing her I wrestled with staying here and chasing Victoria but I knew I could come back here but Victoria couldn't wait so I went back to Bella's bed and took a deep breathtaking her in and grabbed the little teddy of her pillow which was smothered in her scent and off I went again after Victoria.