chapter 3

Chapter 3

As soon as I switched the engine off Tanya came flying out the door "EDWARD OH EDWARD" I smiled although I instantly regretted coming here Tanya head was full of thoughts unbecoming of a lady albeit a vampire. "Edward you did the right thing leaving her its just not good for one us to become attached to humans we should stick to our own kind" her voice was thick with the implication she wanted me and what I wanted simply didn't matter to her. "Now Edward I promise I wont make you uncomfortable while your here I know you don't feel the same way for me that I feel for you so I will give you some space whilst your here I just want you to know I'm here for you" her arm snaked around my shoulders in a familiar way that said I want to get as close as I'm allowed to get to you. Her head was full of my smell and my chest and she wanted to change the way I dress. I tried to block her out because I knew if I didn't I wouldn't be able to stay. "Tanya my friend you look fantastic I'm so lucky to have u as a friend if you don't mind id like to get settled and see my family and if you don't mind maybe we could hunt tonight." I hadn't hunted for over a fortnight I needed to hunt and Tanya may keep quiet while focused on the hunt Tanya's face flinched at the word friend I know she wanted more than I was capable of giving.

"NO ALICE" she wanted to keep an eye on Bella through her visions but I didn't want us tainting Bella's life any more she needed a clean break hadn't I promised her it would be like I have never existed? I needed to keep that promise for myself as much as Bella. "BUT EDWARD she's going to be a mess at least if I keep an eye on her future I know if she does anything stupid EDWARD I love her too listen to me please she will try to kill herself without you I know it and you need to be able to predict if she does and stop her" Alice she won't do that don't' be silly your just trying to get me onside so I see your visions of her upset and I run back to forks but I can tell you this Alice Cullen that's not going to happen so leave her alone she needs a normal non vampire life and if I can leave her so can you." "She's still in the forest Edward" I walked away "I'm warning you Alice leave her future alone we are no longer a part of her life and Bella is no longer a part of this family" as I said the words I broke down inside and found myself outside and running, running so fast I had to clear my head I cant think of Bella I just can't.

I returned to the house early the next morning Tanya clearly was upset "good morning Tanya" "I thought we were going hunting last night" "Tanya I'm sorry I just had to get away my heads elsewhere I do hope you can forgive me maybe we can go now or tonight ?" "Irina's unhappy with me and she won't shut up so I could do with a run and hunt if you are up for it babe?" ugh she called me babe she instantly regretted saying it I heard her internal cursing and I just smiled.