Power

Kenya's POV
A sheet of notebook paper. Inside was a piece of notebook paper. A piece of paper that was so crinkled, it was soft. What covered the crinkle paper was the soft silver of color of #2 pencil.

I slowly take the paper out of the box and begin to read..

"Here are your Supply runs for today:
- Walgreens: Antibiotics, Chapstick, toilet paper, Face wash, Body wash, Hand soap, and paper towels.
- H.E.B: Cereal, Ketchup, Brownie Mix
- Ulta beauty- eyeliner, eye shadow, foundation (all colors)
- Walmart- Boxers, Briefs, Bras, Panties, Socks."

I stared down at the list and frowned. I'm pregnant!! Who's gonna expect me to do all of that.
I crumbled the paper and tossed it in the trash.

I then walked out my hotel door
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I find myself just staring at the blueberry muffin, just observing it. I could see the clunks of the dry batter remaining on the muffin top of the poorly made pastry.

I was deep into muffin thoughts when I see in the corner of my, cynthia approaching me.

she sits down next me.

"whats up?" she says as she takes a bite into her muffin. She then spits it out.

"Nothings up" I say "My life is pretty uneventful"

"Why do you have to be such a debbie downer?" she says as she throws the remains of her muffin on her bright red tray.

I roll my eyes.

"Im not a debbie downer" I say, the aggressive tones in my voice making themselves very present "I just don't  give a fuck"

she scrunches her forehead.

I aggressively get up and dump my tray.

I strut down the small cafeteria, my hands resting on my small belly.

I smile.

I guess since the world is ending, I have the power.

---------------------------------

Hey y'all! Im so sorry that this chapter is so short but it is very significant to the story. Enjoy the next one! Its gonna be a good one!