Inhumane

Kenya's point of view
—————————————-
All last night we had looked for Octavia, but she was nowhere to be found.

At about 4:00 am I had told Cynthia to go to bed, and that I would keep looking, I was lying.

She was having a full blown panic attack, she wasn't all there, and her panic was causing me to panic.

So I sent her back.

It took me a good 2 minutes to convince her, but eventually she agreed.

I had only looked around for about 30 more minutes, and then I gave up.

I didn't really care about this kid. She's probably dead. Good for her.

This kid was already all kinds of fucked up.

I still don't know how they met, but her family must of been fucked up for her to be found in the middle of nowhere, assuming that's where Cynthia was.

The walk back to my hotel room was so boring that it felt like I was walking for 4 hours.

As I tucked myself into bed, I started to wonder why I had any determination to live. This entire week I've been trying so hard, so hard to pull myself out of the deep dark hole that had plans to digest me and spit me out. I've been trying, but why?
I had no reason to try. I'm a pregnant teen in the apocalypse.
I have nothing right now.

No that's a lie.

I have Cynthia.

And mark, of course.

I start to sob, because it all hits.

I have been trying to prove to my gay best friend that I'm not gay just because I don't wanna be gay, but in reality, I am. Well, maybe not gay, im just a lover of all humans.

My sobs grow louder and I let them, I let the sobs fill the room, I let them fill the emptiness.

"Are you ok?" Says a deep voice.

I cut my sobs off, sit up, and wipe my eyes.

"I'm ok" I say

I lied.

I can see the dark shadow of his body sit up, and his long lanky arm reaching for the lamp.

He turns the lamp on and I can see everything again.

The nasty wallpaper.

The ragged dressers across the room.

Mark.

I shouldn't be using him like this, its inhumane.

------------------------------------------------
IM SO SORRY!!!! ive been so busy lately I totally forgot to update!!!! I promise, the next few updates will totally be worth it.