Bye bye sun

Sundown at 1:00 is weird but what if there was a easy explanation. But also, what if there wasn't.

I got up off the couch and made my way to my sisters room.
I approached her bed and began to shake her awake.
"Alexa.. ALEXA." I whispered loudly.
"What!" She groaned turning her back to me.
"I think the sun went out" I said casually.
"what" she said in a tired confused tone.
"THE SUN WENT OUT" I yelled as I shook her a bit harder.
Alexa groaned and pulled her blanket over her head.
She obviously wasn't going to help me.
I started to think of my options.
Who could I ask?
My mom?
No.
She would probably react just like Alexa considering they are on the same drug.
And that's when it hit me.
Cynthia.
Cynthia and I have always lived right next to each other. She's always there. And I'm always here.
We are there for each other.

I'm sure in this time of crisis she would be there for me.
I quickly get up off my knees and close my sisters door, and as I do that I feel slightly nauseous, but ignore it.
I run down the hall to my room and begin to quickly pack a bag. A picture of my dad, a few books, and a change of clothes would work for me.
I quickly put on the backpack and run next door to Cynthia's house.
As I begin to run I noticed how bright the stars look, and how the moon didn't seem to be present, but I knew it was.
And then I noticed the temperature. It was ice cold.
And then I notice the panic. The people are outside on their porch's watching the sky. They are all wearing gigantic sweaters. They are all scared.
And now I'm scared.

I notice Cynthia's Jeep Patriot in the driveway and begin to feel happy, a emotion I hadn't felt all day.
I walk into Cynthia's bright blue house and notice her mom going through the kitchen cabinets.
"Can I stay for a bit?" I say quietly.
Cynthia's mom (Janet) stops her frantic panic and notices me.
"Of course sweetie" Janet says as she walks over to hug me.
Her arms wrapped around me feel nice. Like real love. Like fear turned into love.
I look to the left seeing the hall mirror and notice my round stomach.
And then I realize something. it all hits. The nausea. Everything
I escape Janet's hug and quickly ask "Where Cynthia?". "In her room" says Janet confused by my panic.

I quickly run past her and into the hallway to Cynthia's room.
I open the door to her bright pink room, enter, and say "Cynthia... I need your help"
After Cynthia hands me the item I needed,I use it, then I wait eagerly.

Positive.
Uh oh.
Looks like my first child is going to have to live without a sun.
Or maybe there won't be a child.
I don't know yet.