New Book Preview

Hey all. I know you're anxiously awaiting a sequel to TFK, but for the moment I need a break from the story considering I've been working with the same characters for three years now.

But I am still writing! I started a new book that I think I might continue and I figured I'd share a preview with you guys as a holiday gift. I'm posting it here instead of as its own book because 1. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to finish it and 2. I'm not sure yet what the title would be, so I'm hoping those are two things you guys might be able to help me figure out. If you like the first chapter let me know, it'll give me more motivation to write. Criticism is always welcome! Happy holidays <3

***

"Beautiful night to ruin a life, ain't it?"

There was something about Danny's condescending smile that gave me more motivation to get the job done. I had known that he didn't support my line of work for a long time, and for a while I'd given it up just for that reason. Soon enough though, life got in the way. It was a simple decision for me: a lifetime of debt or a few pictures. Call me selfish, but I'd trade the privacy of a few righteous celebrities for a couple hundred thousand dollars any day of the week. I think it takes a certain kind of privilege in life for anyone to be able to abide by all the moral standards they set for themselves without consequence. Danny didn't exactly agree, but considering both of our financial states and the fact that I paid all our bills, he didn't have much place anymore to criticize how I made my money.

"If you're so against how I make my money, perhaps you should stop eating the food I put on our table, or living in the apartment I pay for, or letting me pay off your med school loans-"

"Aye yai yai Luce, I'm just playin around. You can't take a joke can't you?"

"Jokes are meant to be funny," I muttered, watching my target's Ferrari turn the corner down the street. I let out a low whistle. "What I wouldn't give for a car like that."

"I hate this part," Danny sighed. "You know, the stalking part is almost sort of fun, and the waiting game's alright too because it's like getting paid to study, but this part..."

"Is the biggest adrenaline rush you'll ever get, Danny boy. Go start the car, if my hunch was right about tonight and we pull this off, we are going to be sitting very pretty for a while."

He grumbled, picked up his textbooks and tip-toed away. Eventually, the darkness surrounded him and it was just me, crouched behind the bushes of one of the biggest mansions on the west coast. The low hum of the Ferrari grew closer and I shifted in my position, trying to get a better grip on my camera. I'd only have one shot at getting this picture; they'd be expecting company. There'd be a few measly seconds between the moment they stepped foot in the bedroom and the turning off of lights, the closing of the blinds. The moment where the aura around the house would settle and it'd be like no one had entered at all.  

The Ferrari drove right into the garage as I anticipated and I took that as my cue to hop the bushes and start moving towards the master bedroom. I jumped the fence with ease and moved around the edge of the house without making a sound. Right about now she was probably pouring him a glass of wine. There'd be a little flirting, she'd grip his tie with her free hand and pull him forward, place a gentle, tempting kiss on his lips. It'd burn a little in that amazing kind of way, only for him though, not for her. And that's when it'd happen; she'd turn and strut towards the bedroom without another word, and he'd follow like a lost puppy entranced by her astonishing beauty.