Chapter Eighteen

A/N: Getting close to the end of this story. I'm so happy I got the laptop back, I'm doing a double update. Will that make the story end faster? Sorry...

Baekhyun:

"Baekbeom will be here tomorrow." My mother said to me as she sat down beside me on Yoora's long expensive looking couch. I'd never really spent time in this room. TV wasn't very interesting to me, I didn't even own one in my own apartment...also I never really felt comfortable in Yoora's space. It didn't feel like home. "He said Mina has been sick lately but she'll be here too."

"OK." I said softly and my mother sniffed sadly.

"I still don't quite believe it." She said and Yoora patted her back gently. "The doctors said you were with him, Baekhyun. What happened?" She asked me. I swallowed hard and looked down at my hands inside the sleeves of the hoodie I'd stolen from Chanyeol's things.

"He was crossing the road. It was raining and I guess the car didn't see him." I said quietly and my mother started crying harder. Yoora produced a tissue from somewhere and when my mother was done patting her eyes she looked up at her.

"Will your father be able to come? I know he hasn't been doing so well..." Was Chanyeol's father sick?

"Oh, I'm sure he'll come. We'll all be there. Of course we will." Yoora said and my mother nodded slowly.

"And you will be sitting with us, right?"

"Oh, Omma...I couldn't possibly." Yoora looked over at me with her eyes wide.

"Nonsense. You're about to be part of the family. Why wouldn't you be there?"

"Omma." I said softly.

"Your fiancée should be there, Baekhyun." My mother said to me and I hesitated. I knew my mother loved me in her own way, but she could be as set in her ways as my father had been.

"I'm not getting married, Omma."I said quietly. The expression on her face shifted to one of confusion.

"What do you mean you're not getting married?"

"I'm not getting married." I said simply. My mother cast a worried look in Yoora's direction. Yoora, bless her, smiled at my mother and shook her head slightly.

"You're ...not..." She said slowly.

"Omma, you know why I'm not." I said looking her in the eyes and she shattered a few moments later. I knew if my father had known, then she had to have known as well.

"Oh, Baekhyun." She sighed, tears in her eyes. "Are you sure?" Her chin wobbled and she pleaded to me with her eyes, probably to avoid actually begging in front of company.

"Of course I'm sure." I cleared my throat and put my feet up on the couch, wrapping my arms around my legs. "It's not important right now, though." My mother nodded and the door to the living room pushed open. Chanyeol walked in slowly carrying in a tray of tea and biscuits. He set it down on the coffee table by my mother's legs and she gave him a small squeeze on the arm to say thank you.

"Thank you for looking after Baekhyun for the last few days, Yoora. We'll be going home today though. For preparations."

"Oh, I really didn't do much, Omma. My brother took care of Baekhyun while I was at work." My mother's eyes did a double take and her mouth dropped open a little when she looked at Chanyeol again who was scratching his neck sheepishly. It didn't help that his shirt was loose at the collar and on the side of his neck was a bright red mark that I didn't even remember making. It seemed to glare at everyone in the room and my mother looked at me, but stayed silent.