Chapter Sixteen

Chanyeol:

"Drive safe, OK?" Yoora shouted as she ran out the door. She said she had some kind of emergency at the office and I was almost done packing so I would be gone by the time she got back. I groaned and scratched my head, looking at all the instruments I'd brought with me again. There was no way I could leave any of it here. Not with the wedding only being a few months away. I hauled my guitar down the stairs to pack in my car. I got such a fright when I opened the front door and there was a large boom in the sky, that I almost dropped it.

"Shit." I whispered to myself. I hated thunder storms. I ran to my car, shoved my guitar inside and ran back into the house as quickly as I could. My chest was heaving when I slammed the door shut behind me and I leaned my back against it as I caught my breath. There was no way I was going to drive around in that. No way. I groaned out loud. Shit. I was supposed to be out of the house before either of them came back. It hadn't even been a definite decision until I'd seen Baekhyun help my sister with her dress for the charity gala last night. Seeing that had been like getting punched in the chest. Yoora was right...Baekhyun was the perfect gentleman.

I made my way over to the kitchen to get myself a bottle of water and I drank it while I watched the heavens open up through the window. I'd always hated thunder storms since I was a child because loud noises freaked me out. Bugs also freaked me out too. And I hated surprises. With a passion. Which was why when I was awoken from my nap in the living room by the sound of Yoora's alarm system announcing someone was coming in, I freaked out. Yoora had said it would take her ages at work to tone down the crisis and Baekhyun was at work too...was it my father? He would probably be the only one who would show up unannounced like this.

I walked slowly over to the camera panel in the kitchen and I saw someone walking towards the front door. Was that...? I ran to the front door and opened it wide just as Baekhyun made it to the steps.

"Baekhyun?" I asked because Jesus...he looked... He was completely soaked, his hair hanging forward and the strands sticking to his forehead. On his cheek was a bright red mark that looked vaguely like the shape of a hand. His shoulders were drooped and his shirt hung open, held together by only a few buttons as it stuck to his body. It was also covered in blood. What ...in the hell had happened? "Baekhyun? Are you OK, are you hurt?"

"Chanyeol..." He said so softly I could barely hear him over the rain.

"Are you bleeding?" I asked but he didn't answer. He just stood there, looking into the air like he couldn't see me. I stepped outside and reached out so I could pull him inside out of the rain. He was going to get pneumonia at this rate.

He still didn't answer me still as I led him up the stairs and into the bathroom in my room because it was closest and because it had a bath tub that I filled almost to the top with hot water. He sat when I pushed him towards the toilet and I got to work pulling off his clothes. I started with the shirt because I was anxious, but none of the blood on his shirt seemed to belong to him. His skin was clear and so, so cold. I got rid of his pants next which took a while, and I paused when I pulled them off. His feet were bare and the soles were red. There were light scratches all over them and his toes were freezing. I helped get him up and into the bath that I'd sprinkled some bath salts in, but he just sat in the water, shivering and looking down through the water at his legs. My throat got tight at how small he looked.

I didn't think about it too much when I started taking off my own clothes. I got inside the bath with him and sat behind him so that his head could rest on my chest and I wrapped my arms around him. He still felt too cold to me.

"Baekhyun." I said when we'd been in the water for a few long minutes. His hands twitched under the water and he moved to grab mine that were around his waist. "Do you want to tell me what's wrong?" He shivered in my arms and I heard him suck in a breath.