Chapter One (Intro) (EDITED)

Emma's P.O.V.

"SETH TURN THAT DOWN" I screamed at my idiot brother. His horrible music filling the silence of the house.

"No I need to practice so your just gonna have to deal with it" He yelled then began blasting his music again and drumming along to it. He did this almost everyday. He thinks he is gonna make it big someday in the music industry. In reality he's only gonna make it to a street corner with people looking at him like he's crazy.

"MOOOOOOOM Seth is being a Jerk" I whined as I sharpened my pencil. I have already been working on homework for the past hour and I still have a crap ton left.

"Honey can't you just deal with your brother for one hour." My mom said, stirring the contents in the pot she had on the stove. I groaned in annoyance.

"NO I CAN'T I have finals NEXT WEEK and I need to study...Infact thats exactly what Seth should be doing anyway" I informed her. Seth doesn't care about school. I am honestly surprised he hasn't already dropped out. He probably has straight F's.

"Haha yeah...no" Seth said, leaning against the archway of the kitchen. I hadn't even realized he stopped banging on his drums. There was still a ringing in my ears from how loud he had been playing. He stuck his tongue out at me and I clenched my fists.

"GOD I can't wait till I can get out of this place" I said through gritted teeth. He flashed me his middle finger and rolled his eyes.

"Awww princess not getting what she wanted oh poor Emma GO THROW A FIT SOMEWHERE ELSE" He teased. I clenched my pencil so hard it snapped into two pieces. He chuckled and leaned against the counter with an amused face.

"Go to hell" I spat, venom dripping from my every word. His face lit up.

"As long as your not there" He smiled. His face, his voice, his personality, him in general made my blood boil. I wanted to just blow his brains out sometimes. I hate him with a passion. It's ok though because I'm pretty sure the feeling mutual.

"Oh trust me I won't be" I assured him. I got up and went to the junk drawer, looking for a new pencil.

"Good" he said before walking to the fridge and getting water. I regained my seat at the counter, where my school books and papers were scattered.

"Pfft of course you would be studying on a Saturday" He said withoout even looking up from his phone. His phone is his only friend as far as I know. He literally never brings friends home. Which I am honestly thankful for because if his friends are as weird as him I don't think I could handle it. It would probably be the death of me.

"Yes Seth I'm going to study that way I can do something with my life and not end up some dramatic emo freak everyone hates like you" I gave an evil smile and my mom shot me a glare from over her shoulder.

"Hey I am not dramatic" He said using the hand with the phone to point at me. I rolled my eyes and Mom cleared her throat.

"Emma be nice to your Brother Seth stop bothering your Sister" Our mom said as she stirred whatever it is she was making. Seth sighed and took a big gulp of his water.

"She is bothering me" He said, glaring at me. I laughed and raised my eyebrows, giving him the oh really face.

"Oh whatever go sit in a corner and cry about it" I replied snidely. He gasped and threw the water bottle. It hit the wall and fell to the ground causing my mom to jump.

"You no what FUCK YOU" he said giving me the middle finger and walking back up the stairs to his room. Mum looked furious and I cowered under her glare.

"SETH" My mom yelled. There was no response as usual and she sighed.

"Mom do you see what I mean he hates me! He is such a burden on our family" I explained. She shook her head and gave me one of her mom looks.

"Emma dont talk like that and he doesnt hate you he just greatly dislikes what you say about him" she said softly. She is a very sincere woman. It confuses me sometimes. How she ended up with someone like dad beats the hell out of me.

"WELL ITS ALL TRUE" I exclaimed. I stomped my foot slightly and instantly felt childish.

"Honey just because you and your brother like different things doesnt mean you guys can't get along"

"Ugh do you even hear yourself YEAH it kind of does besides Seth is...weird I wouldn't be caught dead with him in public"

"Emily don't speak so harshly of Seth you dont know what a great guy he can be" My dad said walking through the door. I cringed when I heard his voice.

"Oh hey dad how was work?" I asked. I try not to be so mean to Seth around my father because My dad takes things personally. When my dad was in highschool he was also like Seth...an emo freak. Apearntly my dad used to get bullied all the time by the other kids and his dad would beat him so when he hears about Seth getting bullied he gets really mad. My family is all a little off well that is except for me. Im perfectly normal. My dad has tattoos going up his arms and his neck. His hair is longish but not like Seths. My dad looks like this one guy Seth showed me a picture of. I think Seth said his name was like Oli or something yeah Oli sykes thats what it was , well my dad looks pretty similar to him in my opinion. My dad works as a tattoo artist and i have no idea how my mom likes him. My mom is sweet but she too is a little...different. My mom has bright blue eyes and dyed red hair. she is pretty short and freackles fill her face. My mom may look different but looks do deseve because she is the best mom ever. She is a great cook. She is always someone I can talk to when needed. She is one of the nicest and sweetest people I know. Seth though he is deffinetly the weirdest. He is pretty tall extremely skinny and my dad let him get a tattoo on his chest that says "I refuse to sink". Yup thats right my dad let my brother get a tattoo when he was 16 crazy right? Seths Hair is really long but he usually spikes the back up. His bangs are in an angle over his eye and he has green eyes but he usually wheres colored contacts so you rarely see his real eyes. He is a total smart ass but is usually anti-social at school. He isnt really a people person but he has a couple of friends he spends most his time with. As for me I am an average height, I'm a good amount of skinny. I have long wavy brown hair. I have a few freckles on my face and I have abnormally long eyelashes. I may not be the next top model but I still no I'm pretty. I have lots of friends and I pretty much have all the guys at school wrapped around my finger. It isnt very hard to tell that I was obviously adopted but the suprising thing is MY BROTHER WAS TOO. thats right Seth and I were both adopted because my mom can't have kids. I was adopted when I was 10 and Seth came around when I was 12 and he was 14.

----------------------------------------------------