28. They're together PART 2

Not gonna lie, i'm kinda nervous to upload. It's been a while, ay, since I've uploaded? And this is the last chapter :( Epilogue and Bonus chapter will come soon, but Man, I'm going to miss theses characters. They made me the wattpader I am today, let people see my writing, and I'm thankful ❤️

Also, QOTC will now be continued in my new book, Unique.

QOTC: what questions would you like yo ask me? There will be a chapter before the epilogue where I will answer Q&A.

QOTC winners:

1.BiancaLoveWriter (height, eyes, teeth)

2. Sugarspun (hair, height, smile)

3. Scittles314 (smile, eyes, smell)

4. TheEgoisticPrat (eyes, height, smell)

5. OriginalPageFlipper (Jaws, Eyebrows, Eyes)

ALSO: do u like my new name?

Enjoy the beautiful picture of Nils

Chapter 28 Part 2

"I'm not even going to lie. I expected Nate to be better than that" Rikki admitted painfully. I looked down at my cup of tea sorrowfully, nodding in agreement.

We sat in my room, the TV blaring some sappy rom-com in the background, while I scooped out another spoon of ice-cream. Rikki apparently kept the dorm prepared for any breakups. She apparently has a secret mini fridge in her bedroom that she keeps stashed with ice cream.

I looked up at the TV and watched the scene. The main guy stared into the girls's eyes, holding her face between his palms. He gazed into her eyes, promising to love her forever, and I rolled my eyes.

"Liar!" I yelled at the screen, vehemently turning off the television. I felt the tears return, and stared at the ceiling, blinking them back. I didn't want to waste my tears on a liar.

"Oh Abbie, I'm so sorry. I know how much tonight meant to you" Rikki muttered, pulling me into an embrace. I closed my eyes on her shoulder and breathed in.

It meant more to me than I can care to admit.

***

NATE'S POV

***

(Back to the dance)

Her scent engulfed me, and I was drowning with bliss. We swayed to the music, happily in the moment, until that word slipped through Rikki's mouth.

And it was so fast.

I couldn't demand her to take it back or something. It's not even like I'm insulted by what she said.

But not once did it occur to me that being with Abigail made me feel like that.

Like Love.

I mean, falling in love was something I have always been so adamant about. It was always Wham, Bam, Thank you Mam for me. And then Brayden came along and it my world became focused on him. Yes, I still got my time with girls, but it would never have been more than a one night thing. I couldn't afford to get some random chick into Brayden's life.

And the idea of love itself was pathetic to me. That's what growing up in orphanages do to you. From a young age I realised that it was every man for himself. Nobody stuck around, nobody cared. The amount of kids in orphanages was proof of that.

And yes, Maggie changed my life, Maggie is someone who taught me love. But it took so many year of trust, and my patience was never ready to relive that.