𝟏.𝟏𝟕

𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞,    
𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐚 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐢𝐧'𝐭 𝐚 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞
     𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞

- 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 -

𝙃𝙖𝙡𝙨𝙚𝙮

⋯⋯⋯

               A couple of days had passed and everything seemed to be going just fine: Raven was back on her feet and Murphy had been allowed to stay with us, which honestly, made me very happy

               A couple of days had passed and everything seemed to be going just fine: Raven was back on her feet and Murphy had been allowed to stay with us, which honestly, made me very happy. The truth was I didn't want to leave, and deep down, I knew whatever I ended up doing, I'd have regretted it in some way.

That day I was working at the smokehouse with Murphy and Octavia, who had just updated me on her relationship with Lincoln. It seemed he had left before things got nasty with his people; he had asked her to go with him but she had refused. I wasn't 100% convinced on what exactly was going on between them but Lincoln leaving was a dick move if they asked me.

We had had a pretty calm morning, but as soon as a guy was added to our little team, everything started to go wrong. The guy came into the smokehouse, dropping wood into the fire, too many pieces of wood, which was easy to see if you had a brain, but apparently, he didn't, which meant the fire grew considerably in a matter of seconds.

    "You don't want the fire too big." Octavia faced him. "Maybe just try to knock it down with some wet leaves."

    "You get that from your boyfriend, Grounder Pounder?"

    "She's right, a high fire isn't gonna preserve the meat as well."

    "Well, if you can't take the heat get out of the smokehouse." The guy stood in front of Murphy, puffing his chest out. "You should be kissing our asses for being allowed back in this camp. Just keep working."

    "Who the fuck do you think you are?"

    "I'm Del." He faced me with a smile on his face that made me want to break his nose. "Didn't you hear what I just said? Get back to work."

    "Well, Del, I didn't ask who you are but who the fuck do you think you are to come bossing everyone else around. If you don't know how shit is done, you should get out and maybe find something you are decent at. You are the one who should be grateful I'm not kicking your ass right this second."

    "You couldn't touch me even if you wanted."

    "Wanna bet?" If he thought I was going to back down, he had the wrong girl.

    "It's not worth it, Sam." Murphy pulled me back, shaking his head.

    "Yeah, obey your boyfriend, bitch."