𝟏.𝟔

𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬,
       𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞

- 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘺 -

𝘽𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙚 𝙀𝙞𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙝, 𝙆𝙝𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙙

⋯⋯⋯

     I had never felt more thankful for a night's sleep than that one, not remembering how or when I fell asleep but being woken up by Finn gently shoving my arm, telling me it was time to check if the fog was down. I nodded, rising and stretching my arms as much as the vehicle allowed me, seeing Wells sat looking over Clarke's still sleeping figure like a hawk; I hated it, it was so creepy.

I looked out of one of the windows after uncovering it. The sun was out and the fog was gone so I wasted no more time inside that cell, jumping out as Finn went to look for Clarke, glancing over my shoulder to see Wells not liking how Finn treated Clarke and making it known, but caring very little myself for Finn was being nothing but a caring... friend, I supposed.

    "So," I glanced at Clarke as we walked together. "You alright?"

    "Why wouldn't I?"

    "Because last night was kinda intense." I rose my eyebrow at her, a small smile on my lips. "I thought you were about to crush the bottle on his head."

    "I didn't want to waste the booze."

    "Well, thank you for that then, that's so considerate of you." I chuckled, shaking my head, watching as Finn glanced back at us for he was walking a couple of meters in front of us. "But seriously, if you need to talk..."

    "Thank you, but right now I just want to get to Jasper."

I offered to speed up and Clarke nodded, fastening her pace as we kept moving in silence, hoping to get back to camp soon. I knew Clarke just wanted to get away from Wells and I didn't want to pressure her, so I followed her lead. She would talk when she was ready. It didn't take us long to catch up with Finn –I was certain he had slowed down his pace when he heard us coming, and Wells easily joined us, but instead, he passed us by and chose to lead the group back to camp without saying a word. I furrowed my eyebrows. I wondered exactly what was up with him; it wasn't as if Clarke didn't have a reason to be pissed at him.

I had stayed back with Finn and Clarke but on one of the times I glanced at Finn, he gave me a look and I took the hint, sensing he wanted to talk with Clarke in private. I didn't care much for that so I nodded, running past Wells who jumped to the side as he heard me coming which made me laugh as he scolded me, talking about how Grounders could murder us all if I didn't stay quiet. If there were Grounders around us, they'd know about us whether we tried to hide or not. This was their territory and stepping on branches wasn't doing much for our cause. Wells certainly was no fun, shushing me after I pointed at the branches and leaves he was stepping over. Before I could answer back to his shushing, a scream took over my voice. I stopped dead in my tracks, Wells' eyes widening and I knew I hadn't made that up.

    "Who was that?"

The scream was heard again so the four of us rushed towards the place where we thought it came from. Once we got there, my eyes landed first on Bellamy who was kneeled next to a boy lying on the ground. Bellamy turned his head toward us and aimed at his gun as he heard us coming, visibly relaxing as he realized it was us, focusing back on the guy. I moved toward him with Clarke while Finn and Wells stayed back, quickly recognizing who the person on the ground was. Atom. Fuck. I kneeled, picking up Atom's head from the ground and placing it on my lap.