𝟏.𝟑

𝐍𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
      𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠

- 𝘥𝘪𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘻𝘺 -

𝙁𝙖𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙚

⋯⋯⋯

                       I can't believe it, we left Jasper behind. The first person I met on the ship and I just left him behind, what a wonderful friend I have become.

I had given in, allowing Finn to pull me back, running back to camp as my mind went over all the possibilities, all I could think of, and nothing made sense.

    "Monty, get up!" Monty had fallen right in front of us, Octavia reaching him and taking him from one arm while I stood on his other side, helping him stand back up.

    "Come on, we have to go!"

Finn kept screaming at us like it was the only thing he knew how to do. It was slightly annoying. As Monty stood up and checked what had made him trip, he covered his mouth with his hand, pointing at it, gaining all of our attentions. I couldn't believe what I was seeing: bones; human bones. What had started like something out of a novel was slowly morphing into a terror movie.

It looks like someone's spread a bunch of them throughout this part of the forest, but who does this?

I looked around me, not feeling anywhere near as safe as I had felt that morning. Nothing made sense; Earth was supposed to be deserted, so what was all that?

    "We are so screwed."

Octavia was almost shaking as she spoke but whatever else she wanted to say was interrupted by a loud scream that almost froze my bones.

    "Jasper," I mumbled surprised. It has to be him.

I started running back towards the stream not even thinking twice about it or about what I'd find there, only realizing the rest were coming after me as Finn screamed to stay under the trees, so I did, getting just to the tree line, looking around confused, not seeing Jasper where he had been hit. There was nothing there. It made no sense.

    "They took him."

    "Yeah, but why?"

I looked at Clarke but she had no answers. I doubted anyone could have answered that.

If they were going to kill us, why would they take Jasper? He clearly isn't dead, but why did they not finish him off and leave his body there? Why did they choose to bring him with them? And more importantly, why alive? That for sure can't be good.

    "What do we do now?"

    "We go back to camp." Clarke quickly answered Octavia, standing up and beginning to walk in the opposite direction from where they took Jasper.

    "We need to find Jasper!" Monty screamed, trying to force Clarke back.

    "We also need weapons and backup." I knew that wasn't what Monty wanted to hear but it was the truth. "There's no way the five of us can overpower them like this."

I was the first one that'd have jumped to the other side to go after him but looking coldly at it, there was no way any of us, or even all of us together, could fight them. They had to be strong, whoever they were; I was certain it also wouldn't be just one. We stand no chance against them. Clarke backed me up without hesitation but I wondered if it was because she agreed or because she wanted to get out of there.