Chapter 6

Mike's POV

I came out to see Kara sitting on the couch, I thought I heard her sobbing, so I quickly walked over to her wrapping my arms around her to see if everything was ok.

"Yeah, its just that, your so good with her and she loves having you around," she tells me I smile and give her a kiss on the forehead. We cuddle for a little while longer before heading off to bed, since tomorrow is going to be a long day and preparing food and trying to keep Jazzy calm.

The next morning Jazzie comes into our room jumping up and down on our bed screaming "Santa comes tonight, Santa comes tonight" I heard Kara groan, "Hey Jazz, let's go make mummy breakfast" I tell her she smiles and jumps off the bed running into the kitchen. "Morning," I say to Kara "morning". She replies I give her a kiss and head out to help jazz make breakfast for her mum, me and her. While the breakfast is cooking, pancakes, bacon, and eggs I get jazz to make her mum a card.

Kara comes out looking pale, but when she sees the food her face lights up and she's comes running over to the bench, she gives me a kiss and asks "when did I learn how to cook, I mean your a prince" making me laugh. "I thought you didn't judge a book by its cover" I asked "Umm I don't but I just want to know" she told me I smiled and gave her a kiss, "Umm well when I left home to come here, one of the maids taught me how to cook so once in a while we cook together, she's is like a companion for me, don't worry she's like 60" I tell her with a chuckle, she smiles and sits down as I pour her a coffee.

She takes a sip of it and then runs out of the room. "Jazz your breakfast is on the table," I tell Jazzie. I go into Kara's bathroom to see her on the floor looking pale. "Are you ok?" I ask her sitting down beside her. "Yeah" we need to get everything ready for tonight," she tells me getting up "Kara, has some breakfast your probably Hungary," I tell her to know all too well what is actually wrong. "Ok," she says I help her up and we walk out and eat breakfast together with Jazzie before we start to get ready for the day.

Through the day Kara got better, and she's was getting g everything ready so that the house would look presentable. We had to make sure that Jazz didn't go outside since some of my fellow people helped bring round a trampoline that was hiding at my place. We put Jazzie down for a nap since it would be a late night and an early morning. Leaving her and me to sit down and relax. We sit in each other's arms, "so are your feeling better" I ask her. "Yeah" she replies "that's good" I reply I see her falling asleep, so I get up and place her back down on the couch and continue to get everything ready for tonight. Not much needed to be done, so I set the table for her and got a few other things down like clean up all the mess we made from getting all the food prepared, therefore she would wake up to a clean kitchen, and mostly everything is done. Once I was done, Jazzie came out. "Hi, jazz do you want something to eat," I asked her. "Yes please, where is mummy." She asked. "She's taking a nap on the couch," I tell she nods and sits up at the breakfast bar as I give her a glass of water and one of her snacks she told me she could have.

———————-

It was 5 pm and people meaning Kara's family was starting to arrive it was Alex and her partner Maggie, and then her mum Eliza, and her cousin Clark and Louis as well as Cat. That was it no one else. She told me that she had invited her friends Wyn and James but they couldn't come.

We all sat down at the table, making Jazzie reckless because she wanted to open all the presents everyone got her.

We all ate and I got to know her family, and they got to know me. I told them. Up front that I was the prince because I didn't want any of them to make assumptions or anything like that.

When it came to present Jazzie got up and raced over to the tree waiting for everyone to come over. "Ok jazz remembers you are only opening two from me and Mike and then the rest tomorrow Ok," Kara tells her daughter.

"Ok jazz, now this is from me and your dad" cat said, I looked at Kara, and she was defiantly surprised, "I thought he didn't want to be involved in her life." Kara question. "He said that he at least wanted to give her something small" cat replied she nodded. Cat gave the present to jazz and she ripped it open, making Kara smile, I wrapped my arm around her, and she leaned into me. "A scooter cool, Thx Cat," she said going to give her a big hug "no worries" she replied. Maggie and Alex got her a set for the kitchen set she got for her birthday, she loved it. Eliza got her a set of books and Clark and Louis got her a few things for the winter season. And then it came to Kara and Myself. "Ok, jazz, this is a present that I know that you have wanted for a long time," Kara said. "come out the back," Kara said we all got up and took Jazzie outside. While the girls were out I got a few people to help me get the trampoline ready, which was hard for her not going outside. When she saw it she squealed, she jumped up and down running over to it in the light snow that was on the grass. For the rest of the night, we sat around the fireplace talked and ate dessert.