Chapter 9- Aftermath

A/N- Those who are interested in the full effect and setting the mood, I recommend listening to 'Nothing is real'- Goo Goo Dolls. :)

Disclaimer: I do not own Transformers, as much as I wish it were true. Amy and Kayla are MINE! :)

On with the show!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been six months now, since Megatron was cast into the ocean under lock down. Since Kayla attained a new weapon, that now doubled at a prosthetic Cybertronian hand. Since I had adapted to live on base with Kayla. She stayed as a mechanic, or as they saw it, a medic in training. I've been trying my damnest to help out where I could, but I had no real training in anything they needed. We still hadn't figured out why Megatron wanted me, but I was past that now, he was long gone.

It's been a six months since he died.

My life seemed so bland now, without his constant presence. I had all but given up on the music on my iPod, everything seemed remind me of the trip up to Mission City. Things I would normally find funny, I blocked out or turned my head. I couldn't smile, at least, not in the real world.

What I mean to say is, I've been having... dreams. Not the sick perverted dreams that let my mind wander to what could have happened out on that oasis. No, I would dream of him, of his voice, his smell.. but I never saw him.

A few times, he had even told me to stop my pity partying, go out and turn on some loud music, hang out with Kayla like we used to. I wouldn't listen, it was just all in my head.

Wasn't it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kayla groaned in frustration at the sight of two trouble making mechs. Their names were Skids and Mudflap and man, were they major pains in the aft. Currently, they were laying on berths across the room from one another, yelling insults... again. Ratchet growled at Mudflap "Shut the frag up or I'm gonna give you more than just a broken arm!"

The brown, short mech snorted and hushed, but that only fueled his brother into goading him more. "Haha, Madflap's in troubleeee! OW!" The green mech covered his head with a hand as Kayla glared at him, a wrench in one hand and the welder in the other.

"Ya heard tha man damnit!" She cursed, her accent throwing the words off. "Hush it er I'll knock ya out and destroy yer vocal processor!" Skids gulped and looked away, ashamed. Once Kayla's accent became apparent, everyone knew the'd be in trouble. Ratchet threw her an impressed look and she shrugged, smiling. Ratchet's been rubbing off on her, and not in the way she had hoped for.

Kayla nodded at the silence and continued her work, but just as she started to weld, Mudflap commented "Tha'd be nice."

"That's it! Cmere you fragger!"

Skids pushed Kayla out of the way roughly, causing her to fall off of her platform and onto the ground 15 feet below. Her back gave a pop as she hit the ground hard and she groaned.

"Frag it you two!" She heard Ratchet growl, followed by the clashing of metal together as Ratchet pummeled them with his wrench, effectively putting them into forced stasis.

Kayla picked herself up slowly and her back gave another painful pop "I'm gonna have a bruise.." she groaned. Damn those twins.

Ratchet's hand came into view and she gladly stepped on so he could lift her to his face "Are you hurt?" He asked calmly.