Obstacle Nine: Walk the Plank

Now I love this obstacle, you climb up a wall, walk forwards and jump down 15 + feet into a pool of water. It is not too hard physically (thought don’t be fooled, getting UP that wall isn’t exactly easy either) but this seems to be the obstacle that really messes with people’s minds the most.  It could be the whole evolutionary instinct to not leap off of perfectly fine structures; it could be a lingering fear of heights and parents reminding you to stay away from the edges. I’m not too sure. For me, I always get the whispers in the back of my head saying that ‘I wonder what it would feel like if I just, jumped?’ Now don’t get me wrong, this is not suicidal thinking. I am not wanting to die, or anything close to it. However, I do have a bit of a thrill seeking attitude if you haven’t already figured that out.

However, thanks to my little bag floating experience in the arctic enema, both boys with me were rather vocal that I should by pass this obstacle, just so that I don’t have any other issues. I wish I hadn’t listened to them, now that I’m not so injured I’ve realized that this obstacle I could have easily and safely done. In fact the bag trying to float would HELP pull me to the surface. But since my husband was still in the ‘freaked out and protective’ mode of me getting hurt, I let him talk me into going around.

Instead of climbing up and having fun, I got to hold their stuff and watch them jump in. It’s a lot less fun as a spectator, let me tell you.