Obstacle Sixteen: Hanging Tougher

Picture two heavily mud coated swam monsters and you’ll have a fair idea of what my husband and I looked like. It was thick, heavy mud and we were wearing it like body armour. My brother had skipped the previous obstacle and already regretted it, but he was the least muddy now. So we shambled over to the next obstacle, able to see it from the last one but unable to move swiftly in the slippery mud. People were going down left, right and center, feet and gravity not playing nicely any longer. We made it to the next obstacle and realized that they’ve upgraded the difficulty setting. Normally hanging tough is the gymnast’s rings suspended over water. Well they had those this year, but they also had bars hanging from suspension as well. And they sank as you climbed, and nothing was in a straight line, so momentum was no real help here. We had heard thunder during the kiss of mud challenge and it rumbled again as we attempted to use mud coated hands to cross slicked metal. No one made it far. I’m not even entirely sure anyone made it across at all, from the sounds of it no one had by the time we went through. The water at the bottom was handy to wash off in though, so we were significantly LIGHTER even if we’d fallen in.

Now we got to do the last of the Legionnaire’s Loop. First Time Mudders were marched towards electro shock therapy but we had to more steps to get through first.