09

❝the supreme happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved. ❞ -leo tolstoy

⋆*

daniel:
hey eben! how are you bro?

eben:
yo dani, i'm good man. what about you?

daniel:
better then ever! missing you though, a lot of people are. but i hope your doing better with homeschooling.

eben:
yeah it's easier. not being able to see all of your friends sucks though, but not being bullied is good, you know?

daniel:
i totally get it man.

eben:
thanks dani

daniel:
it's what best friends are for, am i right or am i right?

eben:
i guess your right, daniel!

daniel:
i am, but i've got to go. i'm hanging out with corbyn and he's meeting me in a minute outside of school.

eben:
it was nice catching up with you man, we should totally hang out soon!

daniel:
that'd be great! we will plan it soon.

eben:
cool, cool. cya daniel!

daniel:
bye eben.

just like always, daniel places his phone in his pocket as corbyn approaches him with a wide smile.

"hey dani," he says as he hugs the brunette boy. "hi," daniel replies with a smile as they pull away. "what are we doing today?" he asks.

"well, i was thinking we go to the local cafe? it's really cute and i think you'll love it," corbyn suggests, earning a giggle from the younger. "sounds great," daniel says before grabbing corbyn's hand and beginning their walk to the small cafe.

⋆*

the pair walk into the petite cafe, smiling as they smell the freshly baked cookies and pastries aligned neatly on display.

the beautiful pieces of artwork amongst the walls make a huge difference to the cafe, one being a centre piece, or rather the first thing you see when you walk in. dashes of pastel colours dance along the large canvas, making up an intricate design; a simple idea made into something much more extravagant.

the small bell above the door sounds as they walk in, ringing through the partly filled cafe as a sign someone had entered. the two are welcomed by warm smiles from the staff, smiling back as they walk to a comfortable booth near a window.

on the window ledge lays a small but stunning flower in a clay plant pot. daniel's favourite flower actually, a columbine.

the pretty pink columbine flower stands tall as the sun shines down upon in, making it all the more beautiful to look at. the flower has always had a special meaning in daniel's life. in fact, the flower is not only his favourite, but his moms too.

this is why every time daniel comes across one of the flowers, his heart swells with happiness; a reminder of his dear mother.

"this cafe is lovely corbyn, i've never been here before," daniel smiles as he admires the flower.

"it is isn't it. my grandmother started it but sadly passed away last year, and my mom and ashley both didn't want to take up the job. so i don't know who owns it now," corbyn explains as daniel looks back at him.

corbyn and daniel both sit on separate sides of the booth, making it a lot easier to converse.

"aww i'm sorry corbs, at least you have the memory," daniel says, placing his hand on top of corbyn's and running his thumb up and down the blonde's.

"i love spending time with you, dani. you just carry with you such a positive vibe, and i love it. you might be popular, but all of those stereotypes for the 'popular kids' in school are false. your such a lovely boy to be around, and honestly nothing like those jerks that bully and play girls like they're just some toys. your so much better then them, and i love you for that, i love you for just being you."

daniel's heart flutters as those blissful words exit corbyn's mouth, unable to comprehend fully what had actually been said at the beginning.

"i feel the same way about you corbyn. some people say your just a 'no one', and that you don't actually want to be around people. but when you actually get to know you, your so sweet and caring. you put other people before yourself, corbs. i know that life may be a bit hard for you at the moment, but just remember that there are so many people that love you. like christina, tate, gabbie, jonah, jack, zach, eben, me. your so wonderful, clever, talented. i don't think you realise how truly amazing you are!"

corbyn's smile grows with every word, butterflies swelling at the bottom of his stomach.

"your perfect, corbyn. remember that," daniel smiles as he gives corbyn's hand a small squeeze.

"thank you, thank you, thank you. you don't know how happy you make me daniel. honestly, your like my light at the end of the tunnel. my hope when i have none. just don't leave me like some people have done," corbyn says.

"of course i won't leave you bean. you mean to much to me to ever let you go. i love you," daniel explains. "i love you too dani," corbyn replies and reaches over the table to give the brunette a hug.

what the two didn't know is that they meant the words in a completely different way. corbyn though can't wait until he can finally tell daniel that he is the mystery boy. when he can finally show daniel how he truly feels.

nothing but pure love.

[ A/N ]

my heart is aching - ahh! i just want to get to the chapter when corbyn is like, "yUp I'm ThE mYsTeRy BoY bItCh!" he won't actually be like that btw, i just can't wait.

also if you haven't already checked out the dorbyn oneshot book me and tia have out now and you stan dorbyn, i would check it out.

-megan xo